Salesforce Administrator - Remote Opportunity
Salesforce Administrator - Remote Opportunity
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Salesforce Administrator. The Salesforce Administrator's primary responsibility will be to help maintain and drive enhancements to our Salesforce.com platform. The candidate must have hands-on administration and configuration skills with the latest Salesforce.com releases, the ability to handle first-level user support/training requests, and experience designing advanced reports and dashboards. The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the overall administration and assistance with the Salesforce.com CRM and third party applications. The Salesforce Administrator will work closely with members of the Enterprise Application Development team and others within ITS. To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Work with technical and functional groups in a matrix team environment in the requirements gathering process.
- Salesforce.com user administration tasks, including access management, permission sets, role assignments, uploads, data backups, etc.
- Work with other ITS groups to ensure the integrity and high quality of customized applications release completed as a part of change management processes.
- Support projects, including documentation of business requirements, solution and technical design, test plan design, and coordination of testing with end users.
- Maintain data quality through ongoing data analysis, record de-duplication, and other related tasks, and identify and implement process improvements that contribute to improved data quality.
- Provide first-level support to the functional users, including issue identification and issue resolution/escalation.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requests and optimize the user experience related to reports and dashboards.
- Design and implement custom objects and advanced functionality, based on project roadmap and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate and implement third party solutions and app exchange packages based on project need or business request.
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for end users. Act as a support resource for new and existing Salesforce.com users.
- Work with other Northeastern departments to ensure proper use, reporting, and processes are in place.
- Identify and evaluate new features and functionality related to the Winter, Spring, and Summer release management schedule provided by Salesforce.com
Technical Customer Support and Projects
- Provide first-line system support for all users, to help resolve technical trouble tickets or requests.
- Escalate issues related to customization/implementation upgrades or new installs of applications.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years experience including 1-2 years experience with operational support using Salesforce.com. 1-2 years of experience in Salesforce.com CRM Application Administration. Must be experienced in Microsoft Office Applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Apex and Visualforce is a plus. Bachelor's Degree or working towards one is required.
The candidate must have the demonstrated ability to work directly with customers, teams, and in a matrix managed environment. This role requires the individual to be forward thinking, detail oriented, and have strong problem solving and analytical skills. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
This is a remote opportunity.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506132