Vice President for College Relations
Vice President for College Relations
The Vice President for College Relations is the chief advancement officer for the college and leads the daily operations in the College Relations Department, overseeing the areas of work for Development, Donor Relations, Alumni Relations, Business Relations, Church Relations, and City Relations. This leader works with the President to develop the overall strategy and vision for fundraising and all capital projects to lead the execution of these plans. The Vice President for College Relations also provides executive leadership for the Athletic Department at Crown College.
Start July 1, 2021
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and identity of Crown College.
- Develop and execute strategies for each area in College Relations, including Development, Donor Relations, Planned Giving, Alumni Relations, Business Relations, Church Relations, and City Relations.
- Provide executive leadership to the Athletics Department, assuring excellence in all aspects of this key area at the college.
- Develop a solid annual fund program at Crown, providing a growing budget impact at the institution.
- Manage an individual portfolio of major gift donors making substantive contact (including face-to-face visits) and presenting major gift proposals to them in partnership with the President.
- Develop giving societies and other programs to encourage donor and alumni annual giving.
- Assure the database for all external constituents is well maintained and able to be utilized for various campaigns.
- Provide leadership as needed for key events, including Homecoming and other various alumni and donor events.
- Partner with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to develop and execute all communication plans to various external constituents.
- Work with the President to establish a plan for capital projects. Assure this plan is implemented successfully by all parties involved.
- Collaborate with academic and staff leaders at the college to develop fundraising projects for their areas as approved by the President’s Cabinet.
- Build relationships with key influencers and stakeholders within the Christian and Missionary Alliance and Twin Cities.
- Represent the College at on and off-campus events.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Candidates must have an appreciation and commitment to the college’s mission.
- A passion and vision for Athletics and how it can impact the success of a college.
- Experience building and leading a strong team that was successful in meeting their goals.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- The capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A working knowledge of and ability to implement “best practices” for the various aspects of the College Relations Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A drive to do what it takes to meet goals both as an individual and leader of their team.
- Ability to manage budgets for the College Relations Department.
- A committed, Christian faith, as demonstrated by the integration of their faith in their daily lives.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of experience in fundraising work.
- Five years of experience in Athletic Administration.
Wages commensurate with experience
Applicant materials accepted through May 7, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Crown College
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Crown College
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Crown College
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Crown College