Full-time Faculty, MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Program
The full-time faculty reports to the Academic Unit Head/Chair and regularly collaborates with the Chair and fellow full-time faculty (Core, Teaching, Affiliate) members in the Counseling Department (at both the MA CMHC and PhD CES levels). The faculty is responsible to maintain work in all four areas of faculty engagement at Antioch University (student learning, scholarship, institutional citizenship and service). The MA Full-time Faculty teaches in the CMHC Program and is expected to be a leader in his/her/their field with an appropriate publication and presentation record and a working knowledge of alternative delivery models including technology-mediated/low-residency education. This position is full-time with a 12-month annual service period, including 3 months of professional leave. This position is within the bargaining unit represented by SEIU 925.
- Engagement in Student Learning: Faculty are expected to teach 24 credits per academic year. Conducts workshops/campus presentations on topics as needed.
- Engagement in Scholarship and Creative Work: Conducts academic research, publishes appropriately in the discipline, and makes presentations at professional meetings. Maintains membership in professional organizations and attends professional trainings, conferences and workshops to enhance professional growth and expertise.
- Engagement in Service: Participates in community service and in local, statewide and national professional organizations that further the interests of the community, program, and university.
- Engagement in Institutional Citizenship: Coordinates with admissions committee in reviewing applications and interviewing of candidates. Serves as mentor to adjunct colleagues. Takes part in the collection of data for program evaluation and accreditation processes. Participates in all aspects of the CMHC program including advising, admissions work, new student orientation, the development of workshops or special events, and student, alumni, and faculty surveys. Participates in the development and revision of the curriculum.
UNIVERSITY RESPONSIBILITIES: The MA Full-time Faculty in the CMHC Program is a member of campus governance groups and committees, among them Faculty Assembly, and search committees as required by Full-time Faculty.
Successful applicants will possess a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision or equivalent doctoral degree in a related field (ABD will be considered) with proven history of active participation in the counseling profession (counselor licensure, national counselor credential, active member of ACA and/or its divisions/branches), including strong training and experience with social justice and multicultural competency in counseling. Must be qualified for graduate teaching, supervision, including telehealth supervision, and independent research. Ideal candidates will have the ability to teach in two or more of the following courses: multicultural counseling, family systems, counseling theory, research methods, and assessment (with a mental health emphasis), group counseling, career counseling, professional identity, ethics, telehealth counseling, psychopathology, psychodiagnostics, practicum/internship and consultation. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will complement and build on existing strengths within the school, and will be eager to interact with students and faculty from the broader community at Antioch University Seattle. The program also seeks candidates with:
- Doctoral degree from a CACREP accredited (preferred) or aligned doctoral program.
- One to three years of experience teaching in higher-education, preferably in a CACREP accredited counseling program.
- Experience with program evaluation and assessment and familiarity in teaching to CACREP accreditation standards.
- Experience in working collaboratively with a diverse faculty and student body.
- Licensure or license-ready.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the Chair and Provost. The normal work week is Monday through Friday, allowing for one clinical/research off-campus workday (scheduled with department chair). Courses are held mornings, afternoons and evenings, and periodically weekends. We offer online, hybrid and on-ground courses. Full-time faculty are exempt employees.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary is dependent on placement on the core faculty salary scale. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation, life insurance, long-term disability option, and pension plan. Tuition benefit may be available after one year of full-time employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ANTIOCH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION AT ANY TIME.
To be considered for these positions, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Current CV
- Three (3) Professional References
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
Apply for Full-time Faculty, MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly