Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology will be responsible for developing interactive and didactic osteopathic medical education curricula centered around systems-based pathologic and pathophysiologic mechanisms of disease. Faculty duties will also include maintaining a viable scholarly/research agenda and engaging in institutional, community and professional service.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in harmony within an interdisciplinary team of biomedical scientists and clinicians to develop novel interactive medical educational materials and
- Developing didactic and interactive team-based learning activities designed to improve students understanding of the pathological basis of
- Supervise, interact and mentor osteopathic medical students in a variety of learning
- Function as a faculty member of ARCOM including teaching, research, service and clinical work if
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as part of the college's ongoing quality improvement and assessment
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through teaching or other professional endeavors, and actively participate in
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support
- Maintain an ongoing personal and professional development portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, and scholarly activity for continued competency in pathology and personal
- Maintain membership, in good standing, in one's primary field of training (DO or MD), as well as in scientific societies in the field of
- Other duties assigned by the Chair of
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- A clinical Pathology (DO or MD degree).
- Residency training or post-doctoral experience in pathology in a clinical or biomedical research
- For Assistant Professor, minimum of two years (2) of successful teaching experience as an instructor or course coordinator/director of a relevant scientific discipline at the undergraduate or graduate
- Possess skill necessary to contribute to the advancement of the Department of
- Experience in the development and implementation of courses in pathology and related topics and demonstrated excellence in delivering course content to medical
- For Assistant Professor, three years (3) academic experience as a full-time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, College of Health or Allied Sciences. Appointments at the Associate or Professor level will depend on previous
- Medical doctorate and residency training in pathology or a closely related
- Excellent leadership and administrative skills, a demonstrated record of faculty mentorship and involvement in faculty development, and experience in medical and/or graduate
- Experience in team-based learning approaches to
- Demonstrated achievement(s) integrating the basic sciences from research or educational
- Familiarity with the delivery of pathology content in the classroom through a variety of modalities.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO THE FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Communication and Comprehension
ACHE is in full compliance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the college.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all
- Ability to understand oral and written information, using the English language, and organize thoughts and ideas into effective forms of communication.
- Ability to make decisions which range from moderate to a significant impact on the immediate work environment, as well as outside contributors.
- Possess public communication skills that allow professional representation of ACHE to a variety of business and community customers and associates.
- Strong organizational
- Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex
- Expertise in
- Experience with scholarly publication and
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone,
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars,
- May require significant travel or work away from
- Requires attendance at events representing ACHE both within as well as outside of the college
- Frequently required to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various
- Frequently required to see for purposes of reading
- Frequently required to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Occasionally required to lift items in a normal office
- Frequently required to operate office and presentation
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Associate Vice President for Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bonanza
- Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bonanza
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bonanza
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bonanza
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bonanza