Position Title: Executive Assistant
Supervisor: Executive Director
Department: Director’s Office
Grade: 54, non-exempt, non-union
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Dumbarton Oaks is a research institute, museum, and historic garden of Harvard University, located in Washington, D.C. The institute and its collections focus on the fields of Byzantine, Pre-Columbian, and Garden and Landscape Studies. The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Director of Dumbarton Oaks, including in the areas of programming related to Harvard students and faculty, institutional partnerships, and general administrative matters. The Executive Assistant will also assist with the handling of J visas for visiting scholars. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with an interest in academic and non-profit organizations, and a love of culture and the humanities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Executive Director with calendar and travel planning; minute-taking and agenda-setting; confidential correspondence; preparation for meetings and presentations; processing of financial statements, invoices, and records; and other administrative tasks.
- Assist the Executive Director with planning and logistics for all programming relating to Harvard students and faculty, including post-graduate and humanities fellowships, class visits, the January winter session course, and related activities (offer letters, processing of honoraria, travel reimbursements, etc.).
- Assist with processing of institutional J visas.
- Assist the Executive Director with special projects.
- Other administrative and programmatic duties that support the work of the Director’s Office, as assigned.
A minimum of three years experience, preferably in an academic and/or non-profit setting.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Proficiency in standard office software. Experience in a coordinating or supporting role within an academic environment. Superior organizational skills, confident multi-tasking, proven ability to track details closely. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent customer service. Ability to respond to last-minute changes in schedules, and independently make appropriate adjustments to workflow. Sound judgment, a high level of discretion and the ability to handle confidential information. Demonstrated interest in education and/or the humanities.
The position remains open until filled. Please forward résumé and cover letter detailing relevant qualifications by clicking the link below.
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bowie
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bowie
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bowie
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bowie
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bowie