Assistant/Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction
The School of Education at Gardner-Webb University seeks a creative, innovative, and highly motivated candidate to serve as Assistant/Associate Professor in the EdD in Curriculum and Instruction Program. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in the EDCI program, offered year-round, providing a variety of hybrid (online and weekend) teaching opportunities in fall, spring, and summer. Position requires a regular campus presence and office hours to be maintained. Screening of applications will begin on May 14, 2021 and will continue until filled.
Teach, mentor, and advise graduate candidates in Curriculum and Instruction and the dissertation process. Provide service to the School of Education, University, community, and profession. Preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation is preferred.
- Earned Doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction or related fields
- Hold a successful record of P-12 classroom teaching, and evidence of faculty leadership
- Experience with and/or a commitment to working with culturally diverse and/or at-risk student populations
- Strong technology skills; experience with online course development and distance-based teaching methods
- At least three years of experience teaching at the doctoral level
- Record of research and scholarly activities
- Experience with Educational Leadership or other roles related to Curriculum & Instruction
- Experience with chairing dissertations
- Experience with descriptive and inferential statistics
Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and whole-heartedly support Christian values. The school is located in the foothills of North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. Salary and benefits are competitive with institutions of similar size and purpose.
Candidates should send application information and must include a letter of interest addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, unofficial graduate transcripts, teaching philosophy, and the names and full contact information of three (3) references to:
Dr. Jennifer Putnam, Associate Dean, School of Education via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: EDCI position.
Review of complete employment applications will begin as soon as they are received. Applicants should apply by June 1, 2021. Position will remain open until filled with a start date of August 2020.
Gardner-Webb University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boiling Springs
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boiling Springs
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boiling Springs
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Boiling Springs