Senior Associate Director, Undergraduate Integrative Student Services, School of Business
As a part of a highly collaborative program team, this colleague is responsible for the operational leadership and management of the business major advising and academic services operation. Coordinates the day-to-day academic services operations for a supportive, engaging, and inclusive student experience in the School of Business. Also serves as an academic advisor and key primary point of contact for a population of students, administering a full suite of academic services and annual processes in support of holistic student success. Plays a leading role in the development of office and program policies, practices, and systems, in a world-class undergraduate business education setting. This role enables an experienced higher education professional to bridge the gaps between traditional academic and student services and to enable student development and success on a variety of levels.
Job DescriptionEssential Functions:
- Directs the work of the business major academic advising function and advising roles, and personally role models high-quality student advising practices by serving as a highly knowledgeable and available resource to students, while also supporting their development as autonomous and responsible emerging professionals.
- Ensures the effective execution of continuing student academic advising processes in coordination with other School of Business colleagues and key University partners (University Registrar’s Office, Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising, etc.).
- Represents the undergraduate business program in key University-wide policy and procedure settings (to include academic progress and policy review committees, WFU Undergraduate Bulletin maintenance and publication, etc.).
- Provides leadership to the maintenance and operationalization of key undergraduate business student policies and administrative procedures, such as student handbooks, grade grievance processes, elevated accommodation requests, assisting with honor code or student conduct issues as appropriate, etc.
- Coordinates team member responsibilities for executing all aspects of the student academic lifecycle for undergraduate business students, to include major declaration, course registration, transfer credit review/approval, tracking academic progress, and the certification of degree completion.
- Serves as a leader and point of escalation for business program students regarding their holistic needs, including working directly with students in personal, social, or academic distress, and collaborating with University and WFU School of Business crisis leaders as appropriate.
- Ensures the effective utilization of technology to innovate and to add value to academic advising procedures and to the overall student experience.
- Ensures team collaboration with the WFU Center for Global Programs and Studies to provide accurate academic advising and guidance to business majors studying abroad.
- Ensures a high-quality day-to-day student experience in the degree program, communicating proactively about student successes, needs, and concerns – and liaising with centralized student support and resource units as appropriate.
- Initiates collaboration with and creatively engages colleagues serving in other functional areas (Enrollment Management, Market Readiness & Employment, etc.) to realize excellence in the business major experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in student affairs/personnel administration or a closely related field is preferred. Bachelor’s degree plus at least five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner, DegreeWorks, and similar student information software platforms, as well as an openness to learning and to leveraging other systems as institutional needs change.
- Extensive knowledge of academic policies, cultures, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
- Commitment to the values of diversity and the ability to build inclusive and respectful relationships in which differences are appreciated and engaged.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers and relevant software applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication, and listening capabilities.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing/managing priorities.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and curriculum/graduation requirements.
Time Type RequirementFull time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Winston Salem
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Winston Salem
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Winston Salem
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Winston Salem