Open Rank Faculty Position in Strategic Communication
The Nido R. Qubein School of Communication at High Point University is searching for a new faculty member to teach in Advertising, Public Relations, and Strategic Communication Program. This non-tenure track position is open to candidates of all ranks and will begin August 2021. The colleague hired will be eligible for promotion and a multi-year, renewable contract. Consistent with tenure track expectations, our colleague will be expected to maintain active research or professional development program and will be provided with funding to maintain a professional growth trajectory.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of undergraduate courses, such as Foundations of Strategic Communication, Case Studies, PR Writing, and Campaigns. Depending on qualifications, there will be an opportunity to add more specialized courses to the curriculum or teach in our innovative, new graduate program in Communication and Business Leadership. The regular teaching load at HPU is three, four-credit-hour courses per semester on a 9-month contract with the opportunity for summer teaching (Instructors teach a 4-4 load; professors-of-the-practice, who must have at least 15 years of progressively responsible communication experience, carry a 3-3 load and additional administrative experience such as advising a student-run strategic communication agency).
- Be a good communicator, collaborator and team player who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, extraordinary environment
- A commitment to quality teaching, professional growth, and university service
- University level teaching experience (graduate level preferred)
- A Ph.D. in communication, business, or a related field, preferred
- A master’s degree in communication or business with extensive professional experience may be considered.
- Collaborate with colleagues across campus for curriculum design and delivery.
- Provide mentorship and advisement for students.
- Communicate teaching and research activities through frequent and effective communication with the department chair.
- Maintain an active research or professional development program.
- Act as a representative and advocate for the program, school, and the university.
- Actively participate in committees within the department, school, and university in professional and governmental organizations.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the department chair.
Screening of applications will begin April 19, 2021. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should submit the following documents in one PDF file:
- Cover letter briefly addressing your qualifications, teaching philosophy, professional history, and interest teaching in the program
- Current CV with complete professional and academic history
- Unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Name, email, and phone contact information for three (3) references
Only complete packages electronically submitted will be considered and reviewed. High Point University is committed to excellence and diversity, is an EOE, and can interview only those who are qualified to work in the USA.
For additional information regarding this position, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Professor John Mims (email@example.com).
The Nido R. Qubein School of Communication is a dynamic community of 31 teachers, scholars and professionals serving approximately 1000+ undergraduate and graduate students. It houses ten different undergraduate majors, nine minors, and two graduate programs. More information about the school can be found here: http://www.highpoint.edu/communication/.
High Point University is a private liberal arts institution with approximately 5,200 undergraduate and graduate students from across the US and more than 50 other countries. U.S. News & World Report ranked HPU #1 among Regional Colleges in the South, #1 for Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South, and #1 among Up-and-Coming Schools in the South. High Point University currently offers 58 undergraduate majors, 57 undergraduate minors and 13 graduate degree programs, including doctoral programs in educational leadership, pharmacy, and physical therapy. To find out more about HPU, please visit our website: http://www.highpoint.edu/.
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Other Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Public Relations & Advertising Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point