Executive Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Services
The Executive Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Services is critical to University of Georgia’s efforts to identify and cultivate private support across all schools, colleges, and units on campus. This leadership position manages the offices of Annual Giving and Advancement Services and serves as a key member of the senior development leadership team and is an active participant in making strategic decisions related to department initiatives. The Executive Director is responsible for developing specific metrics and performance plans that hold all units accountable for overall production. This position reports to the Senior Executive Director of Development in the Office of Development.
- Requires at least a baccalaureate degree, advanced degree preferred
- Ten years of progressive leadership experience in a large organizational setting
- Demonstrated experience building teams, creating innovative development programs and understanding development systems, processes and databases
- Demonstrated experience collaborating on large cross-functional projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND/OR COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of fundraising and development practices and strategies
- Knowledge of strategic planning, human capital development, and performance assessment
- Ability to build and lead cross-functional teams in a higher education setting
- Ability to cultivate and effectively manage multifaceted, long-term, and mutually beneficial alliances with donors and alumni
- Ability to develop and execute plans for visioning, strategy, human capital development, and unit performance
- Ability to effectively interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders spanning organizational verticals and hierarchy
- Leadership skills to motivate team members toward performance goals
- Change management skills
- Strong diplomatic skills to manage diverse relationships
- Effective written and oral communication skills to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders
- Collaboration skills to work effectively with internal and external teams
- Strategic thinking skills to develop and executive short- and long-range goals
About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education. UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the Division of Development & Alumni Relations (dar.uga.edu)
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations at the University of Georgia advances the goals, objectives and priorities of the university by generating private financial support, building and maintaining relationships with alumni and donors, and assisting students with career development opportunities.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).