Assistant Professor/Lecturer of Nursing
ABRAHAM BALDWIN AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES
TITLE: Assistant Professor of Nursing
REPORT TO: Dean, School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Duties: Classroom teaching; Teaching in skills / clinical / simulation laboratories; Coordination of student assignments and advisement; Active participation in the SONHS and College activities; Involvement in scholarship, professional development and community service.
- Teach assigned courses according to an approved course syllabus;
- Coordinate clinicals, skills lab, simulation lab, and clinical learning experiences at either Tifton or Bainbridge campus, as required.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulate enthusiasm for those subjects;
- Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
- Keep students informed about their progress through the prompt grading of papers and other work;
- Provide students with a mid-term progress report;
- Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records;
- File an appropriate course syllabus for each course taught with the Dean of Nursing;
- Conduct class evaluations and complete other college evaluations in accordance with college policy;
- Participate in course student learning outcome evaluation and curriculum development;
- Assist with the SONHS program outcome evaluation.
- Advise pre-nursing students as well as students in the nursing curriculum.
- Counsel students in accordance with the students’ needs.
- Maintain consistent communication with students, especially those with marginal performance.
- Utilize the College support system for students such as the Counseling Center or Tutoring Center.
- Collaborate with the Course Coordinator regarding the existing or potential problems, if co-teaching in a course.
- Serve on School of Nursing and Health Science Committees and College committees.
- Participate actively in nursing professional and civic organizations.
- Serve as a nursing resource person for local health agencies when requested.
- Participate in the overall academic affairs and programs affecting SONHS and the
- Active in advocating nursing at the local, regional, and national level.
- Participate in programs of self-development (workshops, seminars, clinical practice, research symposia, conferences, classes, etc.).
- Make scholarly presentations at local, regional, national and international conferences.
- Publish scholarly papers in refereed and non-refereed publications.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of Master’s Degree in Nursing with specialty in Medical-Surgical Nursing and a current, unencumbered Georgia RN license. Doctoral degree preferred. Teaching experience at Associate Degree nursing program or higher preferred. Appointment as an Assistant Professor is for doctorally-prepared person only and is a tenure-track position. Appointment as Lecturer is not tenure-track.
For additional information, contact Dr. Jeffrey Ross, Dean, School of Nursing and Health Sciences at Jeffrey.Ross@abac.edu
Candidates will submit a cover letter and CV. Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts and three letters of reference.