Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor (Clinical) - Anesthesiologist
UT Health San Antonio, Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of
Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology is seeking an
anesthesiologist for a faculty position. For consideration at
the Associate Professor level, a minimum of 3 years at Assistant
Professor level or equivalent is required. For consideration at
Professor level, a minimum of 3 years as Associate Professor level
or equivalent is required.
- Provide anesthesia care for patients of University Hospital, Audie L. Murphy Veterans Administration Hospital, and other clinical venues as developed, Monday through Friday as needed.
- Participate in call coverage in keeping with the standard for the Department.
- Oversee and direct residents and medical students in anesthesia techniques and practices.
- Oversee and direct patient care provided by certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA's).
- Participate in administrative duties and committee service when assigned.
- Provide resident training in the clinical setting.
- Provide didactic lectures, simulation training, and / or workshops as assigned
- Provide mentorship to resident(s) as assigned, with customary assignment of 1 or 2 residents per year.
- Pursue scholarly activity sufficient to stay abreast of new technology and medical advances in anesthesiology.
- Must have MD or DO degree
- Must have or be eligible for a Texas medical license and ACLS certification
- Must have or be eligible for the American Board of Anesthesiology certification.
UT Health San Antonio offers a competitive salary, comprehensive insurance package, and great retirement plans. Applicants are encouraged to visit the department's website: http://anesthesia.uthscsa.edu/ to learn about the clinical services and education program.
To apply please follow the link https://wp.uthscsa.edu/careers/ and click “Faculty”. Applicants should upload a current curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three references.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities. All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.