IT Project Management Associate
The Human Genome Sequencing Center at the Baylor College of Medicine is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager with four or more years of experience to oversee development work related to the execution of multiple clinical and research software applications and pipelines.
As a member of the HGSC Software Engineering Clinical Informatics team, you will directly contribute to the HGSC’s pioneering work in Mendelian genomics and multiple NIH Precision Medicine initiatives. The HGSC Software Engineering-CL informatics team focuses on development work for the center’s growing list of clinical projects and partnerships, most recently developing the informatics pipeline for the Center’s COVID-19 testing. The many well-defined and funded HGSC projects offer our talented staff the freedom to innovate and the satisfaction of delivering actionable results. Although a software engineering and biology background is not required for this position, an interest in software development and human genetics is important.
- Ensures implementations are adequately tested and documented and approved by affected users/stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with other groups across IT, escalating issues to the appropriate teams.
- Meets deadline commitments on time and produces high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Analyzes, plans and develops requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects.
- Analyzes project goals and creates project plans to track development of software engineering components and to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Assigns and oversees the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all team members are actively working toward established milestones.
- Holds regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Updates and maintains all production technologies ensuring proper maintenance and installation.
- Develops, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures to track and manage the SDLC for projects.
- Manages technical and processes documentation.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to listen and ask appropriate questions and take initiative with great attention to detail.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams.
- Experience working with developers and testing software.
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft software programs including word processing, outlook, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Experience with REDCap or other data management platforms
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston