The Warren Lab is hiring a Postdoctoral Associate to work on an NIH-funded project involving cardiac metabolism, mitochondrial biology, epigenetics, and heart failure. The applicant will contribute to translational study seeking to determine the role of the novel mitochondrial regulator Perm1 in the healthy and failing hearts. The specific work involves the characterization of our newly generated cardiac-specific Perm1 knockout mice, which includes the assessments of cardiac function, mitochondrial morphology/function, transcriptional control, and epigenetic modifications. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of investigators, including cardiologists, molecular biologists, bioengineers, and analytical chemists. The candidate is expected to take a leadership role on Perm1 project through presentations, drafting of manuscripts, and mentorship of students involved in the project.
1) PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, or equitable.
2) Experience in RT-PCR, western blotting, genotyping, animal (mouse) handling and experimentation, mammalian cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, immunostaining, biochemical assays
3) Track record of publications and presentations.
4) Experience in mentorship and/or teaching.
5) Commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
5) Ph.D. must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
1) Knowledge or experience with cardiac physiology, mitochondria biology, primary cell culture, -omics analysis, image analysis.
2) Work with cardiac physiology or metabolism fields
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Pamela Stell at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 19, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke