Operations and Communications Manager
The Operations and Communications Manager will serve as a member of the Office for Strategic Affairs. The Operations and Communications Manager is responsible for operations, communications, and marketing for efforts related to strategic planning, the continuous planning process, and the Council on Virginia Tech History. Responsibilities will include writing and editing by creating, managing, and implementing integrated communication activities to elevate and support The Virginia Tech Difference: Advancing Beyond Boundaries (The University Strategic Plan), the continuous strategic planning process, and the Council on Virginia Tech History. The Operations and Communications Manager works collaboratively with and across university colleges, institutes, offices, departments, and units to ensure awareness and relevance of the university strategic plan and to uplift the mission of the Council on Virginia Tech History as the university approaches its sesquicentennial. The Operations and Communications Manager will align these activities with university-wide communications, marketing, and branding initiatives. The Operations and Communications Manager will report to the Director for Strategic Planning, working closely with the Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Diversity on the Council on Virginia Tech History.
The Operations and Communications Manager will have progressive experience in today’s communications fields, which includes evidence of strong writing and editing, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and marketing skills; proficiency in using a variety of communications tools and platforms, content management systems, and social media and associated analytics; must also have a strong understanding of effective graphic design and branding principles and the use of the Internet as a medium of targeted marketing and communication; and the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic environment. The Operations and Communications Manager must have progressive experience in a higher education environment, including working collaboratively in diverse teams, building consensus, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal/presentation skills, synthesizing and analyzing data, managing projects, and writing/editing documents and reports for multiple audiences.
- Master’s degree and/or a Bachelor’s degree with equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience in project management and event planning
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of effective graphic design, branding principles, content management systems and social media
- Strong project management, technical, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and manage multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills for a broad range of applications including print media, news articles, digital newsletters, and special event programs
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and evaluate marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or similar package.
- Strong writing and public presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a member of multiple teams and/or collaborative cross-university partnerships
- Ability to work in collaborative cross-university partnerships
- Experience in a research or academic environment
- Experience in accessible design across print and digital media and familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Knowledge of website accessibility
- Photography and videography skills
Commensurate with experience
May 10th 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Erin McCann at (firstname.lastname@example.org) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 19, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Public Relations & Advertising Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg