Dean-Career Programs and Continuing Education
DEAN OF CAREER PROGRAMS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
The Dean of Career Programs and Continuing Education provide academic leadership and direction for Career and Technical Education and instructional program and non-credit Continuing Education programs at Olive-Harvey College. Olive-Harvey Colleges’ Career Programs and Continuing Education Department encompasses all facets of transportation, distribution and logistics.
The Dean will oversee a new state of the art Evolution Center. The Evolution Center of Excellence highlights the road and air industry with focus on areas of distribution and warehouse management. Career and Continuing Education programs enhance the student classroom experience through practical, hands-on training in areas of automotive and diesel technology, aviation, commercial driving, forklift operation and supply chain and logistics, to meet industry needs.
- Provides leadership and direction to Career Programs and Continuing Education and all of its staff activities including: credit and non-credit courses, both on- and off-campus; short-term workshops; economic development; and community services.
- Manages the department and its overall operations through direct supervision of key staff and provides necessary guidance of staff to ensure proper operation of programs.
- Oversees recruitment, enrollment, and retention targets of the department’s programs.
- Plans and supervises the scheduling of the department’s programs and other activities.
- Oversees the development of new courses, workshops and certificate programs for career programs and continuing education based on enrollment data analysis, market trends and community assessment.
- Promotes staff development based on regular written student evaluations, supervisory evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Develops and monitors annual department budgets based on history of expenditures, predicted enrollment and revenue, and current allocations.
- Writes proposals for Federal, State or private funding that meet the assessed needs of the College community.
- Serves on committees as necessary to plan and execute the over-all philosophy and goals of student retention and success.
- Partners with leading companies to ensure programs reflect workforce demands and to offer real-word learning opportunities for students.
- Works with transportation, distribution, and logistics industry to foster relationships; acquires professional association memberships. Establishes and maintains partnerships with community leaders.
- Master's Degree in Education, Business/Public Administration, Workforce or related degree.
- Experience working in any aspect of Transportation, Distribution, or Logistics is preferred.
- Ability to work with the private sector, governmental agencies, and community and civic organizations. Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with business and industry in workforce development related activities. Five (5) years in planning and providing training and technical assistance to groups and individuals. Demonstrated supervisory and management skills a must.
- Must work well with employees at all levels of the organization, in addition to students and other customers. Proven experience in managing and directing a diversified work staff. Must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills necessary. Must be able to effectively represent the college and district, at various meetings. Must be able to write grants and other reports clearly and accurately. Ability to work with students from diverse communities, many using English as a second language.
- Previous budget development experience preferred. Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the college. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner. Ability to operate computers and use software applications. Experience in writing successful grant proposals.
- Knowledge of student management programs a plus.
WE OFFER : Excellent benefits include Full health benefits, retirement plan, investment plans, paid vacation/holidays and tuition reimbursement. For more detailed overview of benefits please visit our benefits page.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago