Instructor - One Year Temporary in Business Administration/Accounting
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu
General Statement of Duties:
Full-time, one-year temporary position in the Business Administration Department. Individual selected will Co-Chair the Graduate MBA online accelerated program and will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Introduction to Financial Reporting, Introduction to Managerial Accounting and other upper-level accounting courses. A Master's degree in Business Administration or Accounting and CPA designation is required. A doctorate or ABD in an accounting related program is also required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- MBA Graduate Co-Chair responsibilities include course scheduling, faulty communication, faculty hires, student advising, etc.
- Teaching work load is 3 credits of chair work for SGOCE and 9 semester hours of credit of instruction per semester and preparation for classroom instruction.
- Undergraduate courses in Introduction to Financial Reporting and Introduction to Managerial Accounting as well as upper-level accounting classes (required for students pursuing the accounting concentration) and elective. Individual selected will also teach in the MBA Program.
- Provide student assistance including academic advising for the undergraduate day program.
- Participate in curriculum review and development
- Attendance at university functions, including commencement, convocation, faculty committee and departmental meetings
- Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online and undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Accounting and CPA designation is required. Doctorate or ABD in an accounting related area is also required.
- College teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to teach undergraduate courses in Introduction to Financial Reporting and Introduction to Managerial Accounting as well upper-level undergraduate accounting and graduate courses is required
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body