Summer Resident Assistant, Residential Life
RAs are integral to the general growth and welfare of each individual and community as a whole. RAs serve as peer role models for their fellow students while acting as liaisons between their residents and the college administration. RAs will be present in their residential communities and accessible to their residents. RAs will respond to crises and troubleshoot conflicts as they arise. RAs are students of the college, and as such, must know and comply with the policies and procedures of Skidmore College and the Office of Residential Life. Summer RAs must meet summer housing eligibility requirements in order to fulfill the position.
DATES OF CONTRACT:
- The period of the contract is from Monday, May 24, 2021 through Sunday, August 8, 2021.
- Return to campus for Resident Assistant training:
- Monday, May 24, 2021
- Be present for all residential area openings, which include:
- Summer Session I: Monday, May 31, 201
- Summer Session II: Monday, July 5, 2021
- Remain for all residential area closings, which include:
- Summer Session I: Saturday, July 3, 2021
- Summer Session II: Saturday, August 7, 2021
Relationship with Residents
- Communicate with residents through email, door-to-door, programs, signage, hand-outs, etc.
- Advise students, within the limits of training and capability, and make referrals when appropriate.
- Know residents as individuals in order to promote and encourage involvement in College and community activities.
- Assist students adjusting to summer life at the College and promote awareness of resources available.
- Work 7 hours a week in the Office of Residential Life (this will typically be completed in one full day).
- Assist in the management of department email account including responding to student and parents questions and concerns.
- Assist with managing phone lines and providing exceptional customer service.
- Assist with daily administrative tasks as assigned.
- Aid professional staff with special projects as assigned.
Relationship with RA Team
- Contribute to a supportive team dynamic with fellow RAs.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting on Tuesdays from 4:00-4:30pm.
Relationship with Supervisor
- Report to an Area Coordinator (AC), maintaining regular communication concerning academic, social, and professional needs and developments.
- Report sensitive information to your AC.
- Comply with the requests of Residential Life professional staff and all emergency personnel.
- Attend bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with AC.
- Seek continuous help and support from your AC when you are struggling with the RA position
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Professional Staff in Residential Life to support the mission of the department.
- Comply with all additional assigned tasks and responsibilities from my supervisor including but not limited to: additional residents, tasks and requirements.
Training & Development
- Participate in all required residential life pre-summer trainings.
- Know and remain informed about college services and resources available during the summer.
- Assist in all residence hall openings and closings.
- Conduct room visits and inspections as necessary.
- Complete and maintain Room Inspection Forms (RIFs).
- Submit and record work orders and facilities concerns as necessary.
- Report all facilities emergencies to Facilities Services or Campus Safety.
- Check your ORL mailbox weekly and hang received materials in a timely manner in your hall
On-Call & Enforcement of College Policies
- Serve as the on-call RA for the respective residential area on a rotating schedule.
- Complete the on-call log
- Comply with the requests and directives of the Residential Life Administrator on-call.
- Enforce College rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete all Incident Reports (IRs) within 24-hours.
- Report all emergencies to Campus Safety, and follow up with your AC.
Attitude & Demeanor
- Serve as an official representative of the Office of Residential Life, Division of Student Affairs, and Skidmore College.
- Role-model positive behavior and comply with college policies and procedures.
- Present a professional appearance on campus, off-campus, and in online communities.
- Understand and utilize appropriate communication channels.
- Maintain resident privacy to the best extent possible.
- Check and reply to emails daily pertaining to residential life duties.
- Attend and be punctual with all scheduled meetings and events.
- Single room (in an apartment) housing credit.
- 21 Meals/Week Meal Plan
RA Terms of Contract:
- Read and abide by the Housing Policies and Student Code of Social Conduct, as found in the Student Handbook.
- Read and abide by all expectations, policies, and requirements as outlined in the RA Manual.
- Remain in good academic and social standing from the date of hire.
- Seek approval from supervising AC for any outside activity that may interfere with competent fulfillment of the responsibilities of the RA position.
- Notify supervisor in advance of any plans to be away from campus overnight to ensure on-call responsibilities can be covered by the schedule.
- RAs must remain on campus during opening, closing, and any other important dates as outlined in their contracts.
- Must have at least one semester of on-campus living experience
- Must meet summer housing eligibility requirements in order to fulfill the position
Required Documents for Application:
- Completed application by Thursday, April 29, 2021.
- Submitted resume by Thursday, April 29, 2021.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs