Senior Administrative Associate
Vacancy Number: S-00711 Position Title: Senior Administrative Associate Classification Title: Senior Administrative Associate Department: Information Technology Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive, open, sort, and distribute mail and other correspondence.
• Check and analyze complex documents and statistical information for completeness, accuracy, and proper format according to standard procedures and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Maintain documents in an appropriate filing system format (paper and/or digital).
• Maintain attendance, personnel, time, payroll, inventory, accounting, financial, cost and/or other operating records where technical knowledge of established policies and procedures is required; maintain confidential records and/or documents.
• Compile, set up, and type reports, special studies, work sheets and statistical reports and tables; attend and keep records of meetings, conferences, and proceedings; transmit assignments to staff; coordinate with departmental representatives in collecting and disseminating information
• Compose and prepare narratives, correspondence, and other reports; transcribe letters, tables, reports, forms, memoranda, and other materials from copy, rough drafts, and detailed instructions; assist in the preparation of forms and statements and process confidential matters; proofread material for accuracy.
• Greet the public and direct to proper offices; respond to requests and inquiries from other departments, faculty, staff, employees, students and the public on appropriate matters, giving non-technical information; interpret and advise staff and public on rules, regulations, and procedures; receive and resolve complaints; arrange appointments, interview callers, and prospective employees.
• Assist a supervisor in a variety of administrative detail matters; order and maintain adequate levels of office supplies; coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment; coordinate training, conference and travel arrangements according to University policies.
• Review, prepare and process expenditures including departmental collection reports, vendor vouchers, travel vouchers, requisitions, journal entries, salary/wage transfers, purchasing card reconciliation reports and any other accounting entries as necessary; analyzing expenses for accuracy and appropriateness.
• Assist the Chief Information Officer and Assistant Chief Information Officer in calendar management and scheduling and setting up meetings with AUM constituents, AUM vendors and other outside entities. Update and maintain assigned department calendars.
• Assist ITS Managers in the coordination of contract administration with AUM Financial Services and public works projects with AUM Campus Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of general office procedures and applicable University policies and procedures (i.e., personnel, spending, travel, etc.)
Oral and written communication skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
Planning and organizing skills
Ability to engage and serve customer base with a friendly and energetic attitude
Ability to review materials and information and identify discrepancies or mistakes (i.e., proofreading)
Ability to respond to several demands at one time and work under time pressure
Ability to set priorities for work activities
Ability to make decisions based on careful analysis and thoughtful judgement
Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Ability to maintain financial documents
Demonstrated ability to operate standard PC/PC software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Demonstrated ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions and provide general program support.
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Demonstrated organizational skills and experience working independently and accurately.
Demonstrated experience taking initiative and exercising sound judgment when making decisions and meeting deadlines.
Experience with Banner or other similar ERP systems
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of secretarial/administrative experience is required. Additional relevant education may be substituted for experience requirement.
Job Open Date: 04/19/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: No Job Close Date: 05/03/2021 Salary Band: 104 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4678 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent and three (3)
years of secretarial/administrative experience?
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Financial Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery