Are you a dynamic and experienced therapist who thrives in a student-centered and diverse environment? If so, come join our outstanding counseling team at CU Boulder! We have openings for three embedded therapist positions who will be embedded in colleges working directly with students in those specific colleges/areas of study.
Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) fosters the well-being of students and helps them succeed by providing a full range of clinical services, consultation, and outreach to our campus community.
One position will work within the College of Engineering and Applied Science with graduate students and may rotate between their campuses (main campus and east campus). Services will include individual therapy, workshops/groups, and outreach programs.
One position will provide clinical services with a focus on Arts & Sciences graduate students. The final position provides clinical services to the Graduate School. Services provided include individual and group psychotherapy, triage and walk-in services, crisis management, workshops, and community outreach.
All positions collaborate with the College's faculty, staff, and administration to identify mental health needs within the Colleges and develop programs to help meet these needs. The positions work with other campus departments for the treatment of CAPS patients and to ensure that issues of diversity and social justice are considered in all assessment, treatment, referral, and training services provided. The embedded therapists also provide clinical supervision and training seminars to psychology and social work trainees if needed.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CAPS has a long history of providing emotional wellness and mental health services and support to the CU Boulder campus. We also offer outstanding training to the next generation of mental health providers. CAPS is a multicultural, multidisciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff. We are committed to affirming diversity and seek to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone we serve. CAPS is a part of the Division of Student Affairs and has an APA-accredited psychology internship program. CAPS is also fully accredited by IACS.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, triage/walk-in and workshops to students.
- Provide consultation to students, faculty and staff.
- Service are primarily offered within a brief therapy framework.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation via the EHR.
- Provide supervision and clinical consultation to CAPS trainees.
Supervision and Administration
- Complete clinical documentation, case management and case disposition; coordination of special projects or areas of responsibility.
- Attend staff meeting and other CAPS meetings. May participate in campus committees or meetings as assigned.
- Represent CAPS in workshops and on-campus presentations.
- Function as the CAPS liaison to the respective college.
What You Should Know
- These positions are funded for 3 years. There will be a possibility to stay on depending on funding and availability of positions.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is dependent on licensure and experience. For MSW/LPC's, the salary range is $55,000 - $75,163; for psychologists: $74,000 - $101,128.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Inclusive. Be Respectful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Completion of an MSW, Ph.D, Psy.D, LPC or LMFT from an accredited program.
- Licensed in the state of Colorado by the date of hire.
- Experience with a range of clinical issues, ranging from developmental issues to more serious psychopathology.
- Experience providing brief therapy.
- Experience with electronic medical record-keeping and documentation.
What You Will Need
- Proven multicultural competence and dedication to multicultural organizational development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience and interest in working with university students from multicultural backgrounds and marginalized populations.
- Experience providing assessment and treatment of eating disorders.
- Experience providing supervision to trainees.
- Previous experience in a University Counseling Center, especially in an embedded model on a college campus.
- Experience conducting sessions in Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic.
- Experience working with underrepresented, international students and/or underserved populations.
- Proven dedication to social justice issues.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- A short essay (no more than 2 pages) that addresses the following statement: "Our department recognizes that our mission and ability to support a diverse student population is strengthened by contributions from diverse perspectives and life experiences. Describe what your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion looks like in practice, as well as how you apply this to your work."
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by May 3, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder