Executive Director for Strategic Partnerships
Reporting to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, and indirectly to the Vice President for Advancement, this position will create the Office of Strategic Partnerships within the Division of Academic Affairs, with the objective to establish partnerships with corporations, non-profit organizations, and government entities that advance the university mission. This is a one-year funded position, working closely with the Provost, Academic Deans, Executive Director of Career Services, and the University’s Development Office.
- Create the Office of Strategic Partnerships within the Division of Academic Affairs and align the Office goals and outcomes with the institutional mission as an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university.
- Provide vision, leadership, oversight, planning, assessment, and management of all aspects of strategic partnerships with organizations and companies across the state of Utah, intermountain west region, and nationwide.
- Emphasize the formation of academic partnerships that:
- Increase opportunities for student experiential learning.
- Expand university innovation and research.
- Promote adult and professional education.
- Enhance instructional programs through authentic learning experiences.
- Create opportunities for joint ventures.
- Acquire corporate donations.
- Establish access to new educational resources.
- Manage large scale industry and organization partnerships that are aligned with initiatives within academic units. Manage ongoing relationships with the industry partners, including reporting milestones and other progress. Oversee daily management of the needs of the staff and faculty involved in the collaboration while acting as a front door for the industry partner into DSU. This will include facilitating new relationships for that partner as well as winding down projects that do not meet milestones and identifying new industry partners for those projects.
- Work closely with deans and with the Executive Director of Career Services to identify prospective partnerships at the state, regional and national levels.
- Create and implement an effective marketing and communications plan for prospecting partners and promoting the academic objectives to potential partners.
- Initiate and coordinate industry engagement, including visits by industry representatives to DSU to meet with faculty, staff, and DSU leadership, as well as organizing DSU leadership, faculty, and staff to visit industry partners to explore opportunities for future or expanded collaboration. Develop creative new methods for engaging industry partners.
- Serve as a standing member of the Senior Academic Management Team and participate in Deans Council and other institutional standing and ad hoc committees. Represent the Provost and the Division of Academic Affairs at community and industry events, and at national and international professional conferences and meetings.
- Create partner materials and advise about DSU website and social media to effectively drive partner engagement. Ensure clear and consistent communication of process, progress, deadlines, and decisions to all partners. Administer online events (webinars, etc.) to promote partnership engagement.
- Participate in the planning for a potential DSU innovation park.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in business, public relations, public administration, or a closely related discipline required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of successful managerial and leadership experience in university development, marketing and communications, or non-profit leadership.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, especially corporate and organization executives.
- Experience with corporate strategic partnerships, partnership development, and entrepreneurial academic program growth and development.
- Proven track record of building productive internal and external strategic partnerships for the advancement of the institution.
- Demonstrated ability to manage structured relationship building and partnership development.
- Experience and ability to manage and embrace change in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where cultures, identities, perspectives, and opinions are valued.
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team member.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position, lasting the duration of one year only from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 . Annual salary commensurate upon qualifications & experience. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 4 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George