Academic Advisor for College of Business
To work as an advisor for students interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees in Business-related fields, as well as fulfilling general education requirements. This position is supervised by the Dean of the College and the Director of College Advisement and will interface closely with the Advisement Office. Information about the college, its departments, programs, degrees, etc. can be found online at https://accounting.dixie.edu/ and https://business.dixie.edu/ .
- Advise students for undergraduate Business-related programs in the College of Business.
- Work with College of Business and the Academic Advisement Center to assist Business students with applications for graduation, process financial aid audits, conduct and prepare degree audit contracts in preparation for graduation.
- Track and work with students who have declared an undergraduate Business major/minor and/or who have a pre-professional business objective; advise students on post-graduate educational options.
- Maintain regular office hours and attend faculty and advisement meetings.
- Represent advisement in DSU promotional and freshman events, including freshman orientation and presentations in local high schools.
- Refer students to other agencies for assistance, such as Financial Aid, Disability Resource Center, TRiO Program, Health & Wellness Center, Community Outreach programs, etc.
- Participate in retention initiatives under direction of Academic Advisement.
- Attend professional development opportunities for advisement and serve on various university committees.
- Assist with the commencement and convocation programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Two years of advising or related experience required; higher education advisement experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills; willingness to learn new systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with university stakeholders.
- Familiarity with college admissions guidelines, standards, and procedures, and higher education admissions counseling in general.
- Familiarity with DSU Business program requirements preferred.
- Background must show ability to positively relate to multi-cultural students, first generation students, non-traditional students, and students in transition.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $38,500 for Bachelor’s degree-qualified candidates and $41,000 for Master’s degree-qualified candidates. Desired start date of July 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 10 , 2021 ; position open until filled . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George