Adjunct Faculty - General Physics
Job Summary: Adjunct faculty are part-time (classroom or on-line) faculty hired to teach on a semester basis
Masters in physics or astrophysics*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc
Hiring Range: $1,207-$1,295
Preferred Qualifications: secondary or higher education teaching experience
Job Type: Part-Time Credit Hour (Adjunct)
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Apr 19, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 16, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Special Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg