Assistant Professor - Finance (2 Positions)
The Department of Economics and Finance in the Langdale College of Business Administration invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions beginning August 1, 2021. The selected candidates will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
Valdosta State University is proud to have a highly diverse student body, and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
The Langdale College of Business Administration programs are accredited by the AACSB placing the Langdale College among the top 5% of business colleges worldwide. We offer a challenging curriculum and essential real-life learning experiences that prepare our students for a dynamic business environment.
The Department of Economics and Finance relies on high-impact educational practices combined with leading business software to create stackable credentials in both undergraduate and graduate programs. The department also now leads the VSU FinTech program as part of the USG multi-institution consortium and offers an ‘Applied Economics’ major based on current trends in economic development and business talent demands. Department faculty imbue a culture of excellence, cooperation, and respect resulting in quality deliverables including scholarship.
For more information contact Dr. Elvan Aktas via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (229)- 245-3812.
Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, engaging in scholarly activity, and providing service to the College, University, profession, and regional business community. Both undergraduate and graduate primary teaching areas are corporate finance, FinTech, and financial intermediaries.
- Ph.D. or Doctorate in Finance from an AACSB-accredited institution of higher education or member institution or other internationally accredited institution, qualifying the candidate as a Scholarly Academic by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) standards;
- ABDs considered for an initial appointment of instructor to be advanced to assistant professor upon competition of terminal degree which must be completed by May 1, 2022;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Online application is required.
Founded in 1906, VSU is a comprehensive regional university with a student enrollment of approximately 12,500. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information, visit https://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.
Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.