Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision perform, coordinate and oversee office administrative duties in support of their assigned manager(s), including the provision of varied and complex office duties; may from time to time direct other support staff. This position requires the ability to act confidentially, handle sensitive information and exercise independent judgment. Some technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment may also be required.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Answers telephones and directs inquiries to the assigned manager's office as appropriate. Greets office visitors and handles routine inquiries independently.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties as assigned including travel arrangements. Maintains correspondence logs, files, information databases, and other tracking systems as necessary. Prepares Executive Committee, OPM, and other meeting minutes. Organizes meeting dates, meeting structure, and sends out agendas.
- Orders supplies as necessary. Maintains office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines and printers. Tracks expenses for the same and submits for payment. Maintains contracts with vendors for equipment.
- Prepares answers for routine correspondence for distribution over own signature and prepares correspondence for others signature.
- Schedules all meetings as necessary including off-site and large group meetings. Makes travel arrangements for President and visitors as appropriate.
- May complete State/Federal documents and surveys accurately and on time. Gathers information, completes documents and submits to reporting agencies.
- On an annual basis, provides support for input of budget for the coming fiscal year.
- Serves as the local HR coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of four years' progressively more responsible administrative experience in a
- corporate or academic environment supporting mid to upper level manager(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Business computing skills advanced proficiency level for Word, basic proficiency level for Excel, advanced proficiency level for Power Point, basic proficiency level for Outlook
- Ability to use database programs (i.e. Dayforce, Hyperion, CampusVue)
- Professional telephone manner and personal appearance.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia