Assistant Professor - Human Performance (Division of Occupational Therapy)
DIVISION OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The West Virginia University Division of Occupational Therapy, Morgantown, WV, is seeking (2) two, full-time, non-tenure track, (12-month) faculty members to contribute to a well-established program with a tradition of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service at the Assistant/ rank. Salary will commensurate with academic experience in accordance with Professional Programs Promotion and Tenure criteria. The candidate will contribute to the mission of WVU and the Occupational Therapy Program housed within the School of Medicine.
The Division includes an established entry-level MOT Program, a developing entry-level OTD Program with candidacy status starting a full cohort of 20 students in May 2021, and an interdisciplinary faculty practice clinic. The successful candidate will have opportunities to participate in these programs, as well as various other funded and non-funded community initiatives.
- Post-professional doctoral degree awarded by an institution accredited by a United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized national and/or regional accrediting body. Candidates with significant progress towards the doctoral degree requirement and established completion timeline may also be considered.
- At least three years of Occupational Therapy practice experience, with two years of teaching students (classroom instruction or clinical teaching)
- Eligibility for an Occupational Therapist license in West Virginia
All qualifications must be met by the time of the appointment.
- Evidence of scholarly activity
- Evidence of teaching excellence, student mentoring, and curriculum development
- Expertise in at least two of the following areas: community health; pediatrics; research; occupational science; neuro rehabilitation; mental health; and assistive technology.
- Research doctoral degree
Responsibilities: Instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate levels including mentorship and coordination of student research projects. Scholarship in the faculty member’s area of expertise, supportive of the Division’s Vision and Mission is required.
West Virginia University is a land grant Carnegie-designated Doctoral Research/Extensive institution, with approximately 32,500 students, including 27,000 undergraduate and 5,500 graduate/professional students. The WVU Health Sciences Center includes the Schools of Pharmacy, Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health and Nursing. Patient care facilities include a 575-bed teaching hospital, a Level I trauma center, and a 70-bed psychiatric hospital. Morgantown is within easy traveling distance of Washington, DC, to the east, Pittsburgh, PA, to the north, and Cleveland and Columbus, OH, to the northwest. Morgantown has 55,000 residents and is rated as one of the best small towns in the U.S., with affordable housing, excellent schools, a picturesque countryside and many outdoor activities.
First consideration will be given to applications received by June 1, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The appointment date is negotiable, but the goal is to have the position filled no later than fall semester 2021.
Applicants should apply at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=16756 with a cover letter of interest, current CV, and contact information, including e-mail addresses, for three professional references.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Occupational Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Physical Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown