Assistant Director of Admissions Operations
University Code 19911 University Title Administrator 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search National Working Title Assistant Director of Admissions Operations Position Number 579990 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School Of Business Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Brandcenter at VCU, a two-year, full-time master’s program focused on developing the best creative problem-solvers in the world of brands, is looking to hire a dynamic Assistant Director of Admissions Operations (“Assistant Director”). This position works in close coordination with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions (“Admissions Director”) and in collaboration with the other members of the admissions team. This position is primarily responsible for enrollment operations, managing the CRM (Slate), analyzing and reporting data, and assisting with other admissions processes and program recruitment.
The Assistant Director oversees the implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the Brandcenter’s instance of Slate as the administrator, “Slate Captain,” and provides regular reports via Slate and other data visualization methods as needed for admissions, recruitment, communications, and student and alumni affairs. The Assistant Director regularly assesses and makes strategic and operational improvements and recommendations within Brandcenter’s Slate instance in coordination with the Admissions Director and Senior CRM Manager in the VCU School of Business.
This position reports to the Admissions Director. This position will begin remotely but will be on site as soon as practicable.
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee application operations from application creation to decision process.
- Oversee admissions and enrollment processes, ensuring that the end-to-end admissions process runs smoothly for
- Admissions Director, applicants, and faculty reviewers.
- Process admissions documents/record-keeping in Slate, troubleshoot technical issues for students, prospects, faculty, staff.
- Recommend and implement admissions process changes, updates, and application edits based on historical data and input from faculty, admissions team, and new student feedback to help refine efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Compile, run, and present data to report out.
- Analyze current and historical data for patterns, trends, and issues. Develop predictive models for use in assessing admissions/enrollment trends.
- Assist Communications Manager with editing and troubleshooting Slate mailings and CRM list queries.
- Assist Admissions Director with one-on-one prospect meetings and other prospect outreach/follow-up initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service and support for prospective students, applicants, faculty and staff.
- Participate as needed in special projects.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work independently and be agile, flexible, and have the ability to think and move fast while maintaining a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff; as well as with prospective students and applicants.
- Experience working with confidential materials with the highest level of integrity, honesty, and complete respect for confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant technology experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of systems, data analysis and/or higher education admissions operations.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours and serve as essential staff in emergencies.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment or commitment to doing so as a university employee at VCU .
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systemss or Statistics
- Experience working in a university/college admissions setting
- At least 1 year of experience in a CRM -based function (Technolutions Slate experience highly preferred)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source, please
indicate where you heard about this posting? (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.'
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond