Ryan White Case Manager
University Code 21111 University Title Case Manager 1 University Job Family Health Sciences ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Ryan White Case Manager Position Number 585280 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Pediatrics Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Ryan White Case Manager:
• Provides comprehensive case management services to all HIV -positive Ryan White Eligible clients seen at the VCU Infectious Disease Clinic.
This includes the following essential functions:
• Elicits referrals from all medical providers, nursing staff, patients, social workers, case managers, hospital staff, etc.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to elicit referrals and develop treatment plans with the patients
• Assures patient eligibility for services as defined by grant requirements
• Provides patients with education and counseling related to HIV and other sexually transmitted infections; transmission risks; HIV / AIDS literacy; sexual health literacy; and risk-reduction practices
• Monitors patients’ health status, compliance with medical appointments, medication regimens, and monitor treatment recommendations from the medical provider on an ongoing basis
• Provides referral and linkages to ancillary services such as pharmacy, mental health, and substance abuse services
• Assesses patient’s psychosocial needs on an ongoing basis
• Provide crisis intervention (or appropriate referrals) as needed
• Documents pertinent face-to-face client and client-related contacts
• Completes monthly and quarterly reports with caseload outcomes based on a culmination of client-level data
• Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings
• Participates in mandatory annual organization trainings, trainings related to HIV / AIDS, and other trainings targeted at the populations being served in the ID Clinic
• Is responsible for contractual obligations, such as monthly reporting and data entry into the CAREWare database
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, advanced work experience will be considered
• Minimum three years of successful experience in social work/case management or related field, and one year working with
with HIV -infected populations
• Ability to develop a comprehensive care plan in coordination with other members of the health care team
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
• Experience with data collection/entry and familiar with Quality Improvement Programs
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with individuals from culturally and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Ability to meet specific deadlines and coordinate multiples tasks
• Knowledge of HIPAA and ability to implement privacy and confidentiality practices.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment
Preferred Hiring Standards
Master’s degree in Social Work or other human services field preferred
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 43,500-48,00 Application Process/Additional Information
Department is seeking to hire two Ryan White Case Managers.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/14/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105151 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond