Skilled Trades Tech 1 - (STA007237)
Under direct supervision, maintains and repairs a variety of building facilities. Provides basic service for mechanical and electrical devices. Duties typically involve a general knowledge of carpentry, painting, general maintenance, plumbing and exterior maintenance and scheduled moves and event setup.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains outlets, fixtures, switches, toilets, showers, drains, doors, locks, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance on mechanical and HVAC systems in work area.
- May assist other specialized crafts in larger, more complex projects, and assists other shops as needed including scheduled moves and event setup.
- May maintain inventory and supplies.
- Assists and sets up work areas for more experienced skill trades technicians in areas such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, roofer and exterior maintenance and perform cleanup.
- May be considered essential personnel and may be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through High School graduation or equivalent (GED).
Prefer 144 hours of classroom and related study as designated by apprenticeship standards, and /or completion of a federally certified plumber apprentice program.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: May require working toward fulfillment of first year apprenticeship requirements as outlined in a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship program.
Will require a valid Texas Driver License.
Additional Information/ Preferred Qualifications:
Preferable: Associates degree/diploma or similar technical training in skilled trades.
NOTE: Please submit three (3) professional references with your application submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please submit three references along with resume.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston