ATSU - Admissions Counselor
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking an Admissions Counselor on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Director-Residential Admissions, Missouri. The main purpose of the admissions counselor position is to support Admissions process via scheduling, disseminating and/or receiving communication regarding AZ admissions. The Admissions Counselor will also audit and evaluate applicant files to make decisions of admissions while advising applicants via email, in person and phone. Local and national travel will be required for recruitment of all ATSU programs.
- Assist with the annual screening of (Arizona) application files per Admissions Counselor. Analyze transcripts to assess whether prerequisites have been met.
- Meet with prospective students and advise on application requirements/process both on and off campus.
- Answer phones and emails in on-call rotation schedule with Admissions Counselor team.
- Conduct Arizona campus tours annually. Coordinate and schedule weekly tours with AZ Admissions team consisting of groups of approximately 10 individuals per tour.
- Advise applicants and students on ATSU academic requirements and financial aid processes.
- Assist Student Affairs with special events to include, but not limited to: ATSU presidential events, Alumni reunions, Founder's Day, Wellness Events, Orientations, Graduations, and Open-houses. Attend and assist with all Admissions sponsored events.
- Local and national travel for recruitment to include in and out-of-state public & private universities, attend Health and Graduate Fairs, community college presentations and career fair attendance.
- Provide assistance and support to the interview day host as assigned. Coordinate and maintain interview schedule.
- Assist with coordination and/or support of the following: interview days, campus tours, online discussion forums, monthly communications, D.O. for a Day program, coordination with Alumni shadowing experiences, and assistance with the application processes of the Arizona School of Health and Sciences (ASHS), the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ASDOH), and the School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (SOMA).
- Assist with the coordination and/or support of the Student Ambassadors (Mesa) program which may include: coordinate monthly meetings, annual training, monthly upkeep of Ambassador points, communication with, and organization of, Student Ambassador Coordinators, coordinate requests for special events, distribution of Colleague information, and contact Student Ambassadors to assist with recruitment efforts during travel.
- Correspond and develop rapport with prospective students, advisors, agencies, and professional organizations.
- Assist with coordination of on-campus Accepted Student Visit Days/Advisor Visits/Open Houses, and advisor recognition efforts.
- Annually update the recruitment PowerPoint Presentations.
- Present programs and coordinate logistics for student organizations, high schools, or health professionals on or off-campus.
- Forward prospective student inquiries to office and conduct follow-up.
- Upon completion of recruitment trip submit evaluation and expense forms.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Maintain travel calendar/invitations for campus visits, travel files, and follow-up resource materials.
- Provide travel summary sheets.
- Attend regional and national conventions as assigned.
- Summarize interview day surveys and various assessment forms as assigned.
- Coordinate revisions of Admissions forms, letters, and standard forms.
- Monitor interview feedback, student doctor, etc. websites and communicate trends to office.
- Assist the Director of Residential Admissions (Arizona).
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
- As a salaried employee may be required to work beyond a 40 hour week. Some weekend and evening work is required.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Must have at least a bachelor's degree in any field.
- Preferred, but not limited to, candidate to have higher education working experience in either admissions, financial aid, advising, student affairs or recruitment
- Interpersonal communication/public speaking skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to stand extended periods of time at fairs and will be required to lift and carry supplies and set up displays.
- Comfortable with traditional and non-traditional college students, college advisors, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Must enjoy travel and be able to travel on weekends.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa