California State University, San Bernardino
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, “exempt”, MP benefited position through June 30, 2021 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance). One position available.
Salary: $5,141 to $8,567 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Department Summary: Cal State San Bernardino Reentry Initiative (CSRI) is an education-based comprehensive program that offers services to parolees returning to society after incarceration. With a wide variety of offerings, CSRI addresses each parolee's criminogenic needs, aiming to increase community safety, break the cycle of incarceration, and reduce the risk of individuals reoffending.
Exempt hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, 8:45am-5:15pm, Monday-Friday (with some evenings and Saturdays required. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning April 30, 2021.
To apply through our new CSU Recruit System, please CLICK HERE.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
- Appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Depending on staffing levels, the Manager may be required to personally carry a caseload of parolees.
- Functions as the liaison with CDCR Parole agents.
- Supervises staff in the areas of case management, job development and security.
- Responsible for the intake process. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the parolee center.
- Oversees the center's budget to ensure that operational costs do not exceed allowed funding.
- Assists in the management of lease and building needs.
- Assists in the acquisition of fixed assets.
- Responsible for the supervision of subcontractors and partnering organizations.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the data collection at the relevant center to ensure the quality of data provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1) a Master's degree from a granting institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or its equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of experience working with parolees, or 2) a Bachelor's degree and a minimum five (5) years of experience working with parolees. Additional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis, or 3) a minimum of five (5) cumulative years of documented experience demonstrating a history of administrative or program responsibility in services for parolees or other criminal justice populations may be substituted for the educational and work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment. The selected candidate must also furnish evidence of freedom from active tuberculosis and Live Scan fingerprinting clearance as a condition of employment.
EEO AA Policy Statement (Download PDF reader)
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans (Download PDF reader)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu