University of Idaho
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.78 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Responsible for the day to day operations of the Perkins, Ben O Braham and Vandal Loan Programs by generating promissory notes; reviewing and reconciling documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with state and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies; analyzing problems and determining appropriate action; developing reports using a computerized records system; maintaining and developing spreadsheets and database. Requires extensive public contact assisting the university and general public via phone, e-mail, and in person by interpreting and explaining loan programs and related records while using judgment, discretion, and interpretation in a wide variety of situations.
High School diploma or GED
1. With financial record keeping methods
2. Researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports
3. Monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors
4. Interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and complex policies for multiple or highly specialized programs
5. Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues
6. Dealing with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations
7. Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system
8. Composing and proofreading business correspondence.
1. Working with the Perkins loan program
2. Interpreting and applying collection and bankruptcy regulations
3. Working with a wide range of customers regarding sensitive information
4. Working in a college or university business office.
3. Fair Debt Practices and federal regulations governing federal financial aid
1. Excellent math skills
2. Ability to operate 10-key calculator (or computer keypad) accurately and quickly
3. Proficiency in operating a PC
4. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
1. Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
2. Ability to work independently
3. College level accounting courses.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002782P
Posting Date: 04/16/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
For the required Cover Letter/Letter of Application document, provide examples for each of the required experiences and provide examples for applicable additional preferred listed in the job description.
Review of applications will begin on May 3, 2021. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by that date.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.