Assistant Director, Advancement Services
Assistant Director, Advancement Services
Closes: May 16, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student's own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant Director of Advancement Services, this position collaborates with members of the Division to deliver high quality data and computing services. This individual will develop customized reports, queries and exports and use project management software to track data requests during all steps of the process. They will assist in auditing and maintaining the Raiser's Edge NXT database, and other related software tools, while overseeing and managing the work of the Advancement Services Coordinator position. This professional will respond to data retrieval requests, train office staff in the use of Advancement software and web services, and utilize their expertise of Raiser's Edge NXT to problem solve for the department and the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop customized reports, queries and exports for the Advancement office for the benefit of office staff, college personnel or college-related individuals (alumni, trustees, etc.) utilizing Raiser's Edge NXT and other related software tools. This includes working with the office of Stewardship to automate gift acknowledgements.
- Assist in the selection, installation, and maintenance of office web functions such as online giving and alumni portal.
- Assist in computer problem solving and provide direct assistance or liaison assistance with the department of Information Technology and software vendors as needed to resolve computing or software issues
- Assist office staff, alumni, and other constituencies in problem solving web issues related to the Alumni Online Directory, Online Giving, and other similar functions.
- Assist members of the Advancement office with data segmentation and requests. Maintain all information related to fulfilling requests in project management software. Hold staff members to the policies and procedures related to data requests and timing.
- Assist the Director of Advancement Services with auditing and managing the Raiser's Edge NXT database and web tools for the Advancement division. This involves the need to import data, as well as make changes, sometimes global.
- Manage the work of the Advancement Services Coordinator. Oversee the entry and posting of gifts, generation of receipts, and the maintenance of biographical data in the Raiser's Edge NXT database.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor's degree along with three to five years of experience in database management, data retrieval & manipulation, and basic report writing; is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to create and run queries and exports in Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Experience in managing Advancement databases, including Raiser's Edge NXT. Familiarity with Blackbaud NetCommunity and Online Express are a plus.
The position requires being on the Wooster campus for key dates, including monthly staff meetings and large alumni events, including Alumni Weekend. Remote work accommodations will be considered.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information on our nondiscrimination policy visit: https://www.wooster.edu/info/nondiscrimination
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
To apply, visit https://wooster.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=129577&CNTRNO=9&TSTMP=0