- Teach communication courses, including Intro to Public Speaking and Oral Interpretation, to both occupational/technical and college transfer students, as assigned.
- Write and revise course plans.
- Develop courses, including online courses.
- Assist in the selection and creation of instructional materials.
- Recommend curricular changes to upgrade and integrate students’ communication skills.
- Develop and implement student retention and success initiatives.
- Assume advising responsibilities.
- Assist the department and division with administrative and/or committee work.
- Participate in department, division and college discussions, meetings, and initiatives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Master’s degree with eighteen graduate semester hours in communication.
- Commitment to community college mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective communication in teaching/learning situations.
- Commitment to and ability to implement teaching strategies that foster student retention and student success.
- Commitment to innovative teaching approaches, including use of technology as a teaching and learning tool.
- Commitment to develop and teach online courses.
- Fairness and flexibility in understanding and working with a wide variety of students.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with college faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Demonstrated skills and/or knowledge of assessment of student learning.
Finalists will be required to present a sample teaching lesson.
Three current letters of recommendation are required.
- Previous record of teaching excellence in a community college or higher education environment.
Go to https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/33024 to view the full job posting and/or to apply.
Virginia’s Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Dublin
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Dublin
- Other Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Dublin
- Speech & Rhetoric Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Dublin