Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and providing tier 3 support for enterprise databases and database reporting. The incumbent must ensure that all database applications are secure, highly-available, functioning optimally, and according to specification. Given the need of interaction with employees and college community, this position requires in-person presence.
1. Responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting
enterprise software applications, databases, and managing the
enterprise resource planning system (Jenzabar).
2. Ensure these systems and applications are stable and secure by employing best practices, proactive monitoring, and following security advisories.
3. Coordinates with application and process owners to understand their requirements and recommend progressive ways to utilize technology in order to address them.
4. Manages database vendor relationships and support requests.
5. Facilitates enterprise reporting - enabling the college to meet on-going, ad-hoc, and regulatory reporting requirements and to make data-driven decisions.
6. Attend trainings and conferences to ensure technical skills are current.
7. Other duties as assigned.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
· Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in database administration, enterprise reporting and systems programming. Preference given to candidates with 5+ years of experience. Higher education experience preferred.
· Skills/Training: Required experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database, Database Querying Languages & Associated Tools, Microsoft Windows Client/Server Operating Systems, and Enterprise Reporting. Experience with Jenzabar Enterprise Resource Planning System, InfoMaker, and PowerBI is preferred.
· Proficiencies: Demonstrated abilities to coordinate multiple schedules, assess priorities, and meet deadlines. Must exhibit excellent communication and writing/composition skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and proficiency in problem-solving
· Scheduling Requirements: Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 4:30. During critical periods schedule can vary sometimes requiring evening, Saturday, and Sunday work hour’s dependent on the needs of department.
· Physical Demands: Most of the position is sedentary. Requires frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions for computer use.
For best consideration, please apply by May 3rd, 2021.*We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. Cecil College will not discriminate against any individual by reason of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic status, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North East
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North East
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North East