Graphic Designer - Entry Level
Graphic Designer - Entry Level
Department: Communications Office
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Employee Type: Administrator
Posting Date: 04/16/2021
Union Representation: Not Applicable
Posting Number: AS057P
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Graphic Designer position is an entry level position and is one of three members of the Publications department within the Office of Communications, responsible for the design and/or production of over 450 jobs per year. This small but very busy office works closely together in support of the college's goals of marketing and student recruitment; development donor solicitation and reward; alumnae/i engagement and support; art center, gallery, and library exhibition promotion; visual and performing arts promotion including the Powerhouse Theater summer season; a full schedule of faculty-organized speakers and symposia; student magazines and reviews; athletics; and official campus communications.
- Develop original concepts and ideas.
- Take concepts from idea to design and through
- Follow direction appropriately and be able to work within
specific brand standards/guidelines as required.
- Create and produce work across a wide variety of projects and
disciplines including brochures, sell sheets, ads, posters and
- Work both individually and collaboratively within the Office of Communications.
A design portfolio, accessible online or attached with your application, is required for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, or related field
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal
- Proficiency across Adobe Creative Suite; primarily with Adobe
- Familiarity with aspects of typography and
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to juggle
- A commitment to producing high-quality work that reflects the prestige of Vassar College.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1855.