P.O.S.T. Academy Coordinator
P.O.S.T. Academy Coordinator
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 2100001P
NOTE: There are two vacancies available, one is a full-time position AND the other is part-time.
Please review your application and documents for completeness BEFORE submitting your application. Once your application is submitted,revisions or additions after submission will NOT be considered.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T), the P.O.S.T. Academy Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of instruction and the supervision of the Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Basic Academy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Effectively coordinate the P.O.S.T. Basic Academy
- Maintains P.O.S.T. mandated training standards; attends required state meetings.
- Promotes the effective use of instructional methods, technology, testing and remediation.
- Maintains Academy discipline; ensures that each student is treated with dignity and respect.
- Assists students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluates the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Tracks student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
- Exercises responsibility for the integration and sequencing of instruction so that students are instructed and tested in a logical progression consistent with P.O.S.T Training and Testing Specifications.
- Participates in the hiring, assignment, and evaluation of Academy staff.
- Coordinates Academy training facilities; maintains a safe and appropriate environment in support of instruction.
- Remains current on development and best practices within the law enforcement field.
- Maintains current and complete inventories; submits requests as needed for Academy supplies, materials and equipment.
- Ensures P.O.S.T evaluations are completed within program regulations.
- Completes various reporting procedures as required; works effectively with college and P.O.S.T staff.
- Participates in departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and committees as required.
- Provides direction and guidance for Recruit Training Officers (RTO) and instructional staff.
Ensures Training and Testing Specifications are current and meet P.O.S.T. guidelines. Maintains P.O.S.T. standards for the testing process and related test materials.
- Assists in marketing and promotion of the Academy.
- Performs other necessary duties, which assure the smooth functioning of the P.O.S.T. Basic Academy, as assigned by the Director of Peace Officer Standard and Training (P.O.S.T).
- Assists in recruiting students with a focus on closing equity and diversity gaps.
- In the absence of the Director of P.O.S.T or when designated, supervises academy operations for certification compliance when instruction is being conducted.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals and agencies.
- Work with advisory committees in the development and revision of curriculum, job placement strategies, and program review.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity/expression, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community District students.
- Support the District in achieving its mission, vision, and strategic goals as appropriate in carrying out the duties of this position.
- Focus on student success, service excellence, and willingness to assist colleagues District-wide, as needed.
- Computers and computer applications.
- Utilization of innovative methods and adaptability to change in order to meet rapidly changing methods and technologies.
- Oversee individualized teaching methodologies to ensure they are meeting P.O.S.T standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree plus two years of directly related experience OR Associate degree plus six years of directly related experience OR Intermediate POST Certificate.
- Shall have sworn, fulltime, first level police supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of P.O.S.T. requirements.
- Meet P.O.S.T. Academy Instructor Certification standards.
- Demonstrated work experience in law enforcement.
- Demonstrated leadership working with staff and students.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 98,855
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 118,037
- External Closing Date: May 16, 2021
- External Opening Date: Apr 16, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.