Academic Professional Track (Non-Tenure): Instructional Assistant Professor
The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications (ALEC), College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Texas A&M University invites applications for a full-time professional track (non-tenure) academic position in agricultural communications and journalism (AGCJ) with a 9-month academic appointment beginning January 1, 2022, or as negotiated. The position will consist of a 80% teaching, and 20% service appointment. We seek applicants for the faculty title of Instructional Assistant Professor.
The successful candidate will
- Teach undergraduate and occasional graduate courses in areas that may include media writing, editing, emerging media messaging, media management publication production, photography, data science, public relations, video production or related areas, depending on background and expertise.
- Serve as a graduate faculty member.
- Participate in university, college, and department activities and service including co-directing the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo internship program.
- Engage industry professionals in identifying course content that is based on cutting-edge information delivery methods.
- Organize and supervise student-developed competitive submissions for local, regional, and national awards and recognition.
- Serve as co-advisor to the Agricultural Students of Tomorrow (ACT) student organization.
- Demonstrate commitment to campus inclusivity and diversity.
The undergraduate AGCJ program has approximately 230 majors and minors, and the ALEC graduate programs (M.Ag., M.S., and Ph.D.) have about 50 students. Information about ALEC is available at https://alec.tamu.edu/Qualifications
Applicants must have an earned doctorate in an appropriate communications discipline with demonstrated capability in teaching programs and working with stakeholder groups.
Applicants must document or otherwise demonstrate their
- ability to be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful;
- ability to manage, analyze and report on the performance of audience-building initiatives using analytical tools;
- ability to develop strong relationships with industry media partners;
- presentation, diplomacy, and analytical skills;
- written and verbal communication skills;
- proficiency in identifying and targeting audience growth opportunities and building strategies to achieve goals;
- knowledge of media best practices, how to develop a media plan, audience building strategy across multiple media outlets and targets; and
- a vision to work with traditional and digital media platforms and help with media partners' marketing initiatives.
Ideal applicants will document or otherwise demonstrate having strong existing relationships with media outlets and/or brands and existing contacts at agencies and digital platforms.Application Instructions
Applicants must submit
- A letter of application describing interests, qualifications, unique skills, perspectives, and programmatic areas that contributes significantly to ALEC’s scholarly activities in research, teaching, and service.
- An up-to-date, detailed curriculum vitae and official transcripts.
- A statement of teaching and evidence of its impact.
- A statement of service and evidence of its impact.
- A statement of how personal commitment to diversity and inclusion informs their past and future professional contributions.
- A list of names and contact information of five references.
The application materials must be submitted online at http://apply.interfolio.com/84852. Review of applications will begin on or around May 1, 2021. Please direct any questions regarding the position to Deborah Dunsford at firstname.lastname@example.org.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Film & Video Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Media Studies Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station