Assistant Professor of Psychology and Sociology
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Psychology and Sociology
Job Classification: Full-time, 12 Month, Exempt
Closing Date: Position open until filled
Supervisor: Faculty in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences report directly to the department chair, Dr. William Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the mission of transforming education in the health sciences. We are a team-oriented group interested in supporting a student centered and innovative educational environment and seek individuals interested in excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the College and University as a whole.
California Northstate University (CNU) is a private university with the main campus located in Elk Grove, California, approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento. CNU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The Elk Grove facility currently houses the College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine and College of Psychology.
The California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) campus is located at 2910 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. We offer a traditional Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree in addition to accelerated undergraduate and post-baccalaureate programs. The CNUCHS curriculum is designed to provide excellent academic preparation for careers in the biomedical professions.
Courses/Projects of Primary Teaching Responsibility:
- Psychology Courses (some mix of these): General, Social; Abnormal; Cognitive; Psychology for the Health Professions
- Introductory Sociology; Sociology for Health Practitioners
- Elective(s) in Psychology, Sociology
- Research Methods
- Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan courses and prepare syllabi for approval by the Curriculum Committee
- Maintain good working relationships with the Deans, Department Head, administrative staff, and colleagues in the College of Health Sciences
- Make effective use of appropriate technology, learning software, and the learning management system in course delivery
- Develop an effective teaching style informed by best practices in education literature
- Perform data collection to monitor program and general education learning outcomes—as needed to fulfill assessment requirements—and to track student success
- Communicate effectively with students regarding course content, assignments, and exams
- Keep regular office hours for students; provide tutoring assistance as needed; and, perform student academic advising duties
- Keep active in academic field of specialization through professional development, scholarly research, publishing, and professional activities
- Serve on college and university committees and engage in university and community service including development of outreach activities
- Mentor and supervise undergraduate students in scholarly research projects
- Participate in college and university programs to recruit and retain students
- Participate in open houses and other college events
Minimum Qualifications: Applicant should hold a doctorate degree in Psychology or Sociology. ABD and candidates with a Master’s degree will be considered. Applicants with interdisciplinary training and teaching experience are highly desired. A demonstrated ability to develop innovative teaching strategies, including hybrid and online courses, and experience working with diverse groups are also preferred.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter that addresses qualifications, experience, and career goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of all college work (unofficial copies accepted for application review; official copies are required at time of hire)
- Statement of teaching and scholarly interests
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee and who can speak to a broad range of candidate’s professional qualifications
Please submit ALL application materials to the Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences (email@example.com). Specific questions regarding course content, required qualifications, or additional application materials should be addressed directly to the Chair of the department by email or by phone (916) 686‐7872.
Please note that although the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at our College of Health Sciences campus, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Psychology and Sociology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River
- Psychology Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River
- Sociology Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River