Assistant Professor of Humanities
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Humanities
Job Classification: Full-time, 12 Month, Exempt
Closing Date: Position open until
Review of Applications: Reviewed upon receipt; for best consideration, apply before 15 March, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: June 1st, 2021
Supervisor: Faculty in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences report directly to the department chair, Dr. William Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the mission of transforming education in the health sciences. We are a team-oriented group interested in supporting a student centered and innovative educational environment and seek individuals interested in excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the College and University as a whole.
California Northstate University (CNU) is a private university with the main campus located in Elk Grove, California, approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento. CNU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The Elk Grove facility currently houses the College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine and College of Psychology.
The California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) campus is located at 2910 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. We offer a traditional Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree in addition to accelerated undergraduate and post-baccalaureate programs. The CNUCHS curriculum is designed to provide excellent academic preparation for careers in the biomedical professions.
Courses/Projects of Primary Teaching Responsibility:
- English Composition I & II, English Writing Lab
- Philosophy and Everyday Life (Moral Philosophy)
- Humanities Elective(s)
- Media and Communication Studio (similar to a Writing Center but with broader scope)
- Collaborate on Student-run Paper, CHS Sideline (chssideline.com)
- Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan courses and prepare syllabi for approval by the Curriculum Committee
- Maintain good working relationships with the Dean, Assoc. Dean of Academic Affairs, Department Head, administrative staff, and colleagues in the College of Health Sciences
- Make effective use of appropriate technology, learning software, and the learning management system in course delivery
- Develop an effective teaching style informed by best practices in education literature
- Collaborate with other faculty to further develop the college writing and communication center: CHS Media and Communication Studio
- Perform data collection to monitor program and general education learning outcomes—as needed to fulfill assessment requirements—and to track student success
- Communicate effectively with students regarding course content, assignments, and exams
- Keep regular office hours for students; provide tutoring assistance as needed; and, perform student advising duties
- Keep active in academic field of specialization through professional development, scholarly research, publishing, and professional activities
- Serve on college and university committees and engage in university and community service including development of outreach activities
- Mentor and supervise undergraduate students in scholarly research projects
- Participate in college and university programs to recruit and retain students
Minimum Qualifications: Applicant should hold a doctorate degree in English, Philosophy, or related field. ABD and candidates with a Master’s degree will be considered and would be ranked as Lecturer. Applicants with interdisciplinary training and teaching experience are preferred. A demonstrated ability to develop innovative teaching strategies, including hybrid and online courses, and experience working with diverse groups are also preferred.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter that addresses qualifications, experience, and career goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of all college work (unofficial copies accepted for application review; official copies required at time of hire)
- Statement of teaching and scholarly interests
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee and who can speak to a broad range of candidate’s professional qualifications
Please submit ALL application materials to the Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences (email@example.com). Specific questions regarding course content, required qualifications, or additional application materials should be addressed directly to the Chair of the department by email or by phone (916) 686‐7872.
Please note that although the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at our College of Health Sciences campus, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must be American citizens or permanent residents.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Humanities
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River
- English & Literature Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River
- Philosophy Non-Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Gold River