Director of Castellani Art Museum
The Director of the Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University (CAM) will be committed to museum excellence and possess a deep appreciation for the visual arts, changing museum field, community engagement, and high-quality visitor experiences. The Director will represent the CAM regionally and nationally to external stakeholders, community partners, and the Niagara University community.
The Director must have a demonstrated track record of responsible budget development and management, fundraising, grant writing, excellent written, verbal, and computer skills; familiarity with social media platforms; demonstrated track record of problem-solving, and organizational and decision-making skills; demonstrated proficiency in managing personnel and developing relationships, knowledge of current issues and best practices in museum management; ability to work some evenings, weekends and hours other than 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The candidate will provide leadership and create a strategic direction in support of the CAM mission. Maintaining a high professional profile, the Director will support growth in both contributed and earned revenue. The Director of the Castellani Art Museum is responsible for the:
- The day-to-day operation of the museum and its staff;
- Management of the museum budget;
- Fundraising initiatives;
- Cultivation of long-term donors and sponsors;
- Oversight of exhibitions and care of the collection.
- Working with stakeholders at the University, especially the Art History with Museum Studies program, and in the wider community to strengthen the presence and impact of the museum on campus and in the region.
- A master's degree or equivalent experience with at least five years of executive leadership or senior management experience in a museum or related nonprofit organization.
- A deep understanding of the visual arts, specifically 20th and 21st-century art history with a focus on early modern/modern art; is highly desired.
- A proven track record as an effective fundraiser with supervisory budget oversight is essential.
- The ideal candidate will possess creativity in establishing educational programming and community partnerships, as well as a demonstrable commitment to the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- A valid New York State drivers' license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle.