Our students rise to the top. Be a part of our team and help
start students on their way to upward mobility in their technical
and professional careers at MSU-Northern, an institution dedicated
to teaching and the pursuit of knowledge. The MSU-Northern campus
is located in north central Montana with access to mountains,
rivers, lakes, and prairies. Outdoor activities are available year
round, and the city of Havre provides opportunities for civic
engagement, community theater, and an active downtown area.
The Admissions Specialist is responsible for providing information to prospective students. Duties include working to build relationships with students, high school counselors, teachers and others on an information-sharing basis. Responsibilities include processing official documents as needed, data entry and assisting with on-campus programs including representing MSU-Northern at university and community events. Admissions Specialists provide campus tours to prospective students and their families and assist prospective students through application and admission.
PRIORITY DEADLINE IS NOW MAY 7, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate information to prospective, admitted and current students including programs, admission requirements, scholarship information, and residence life.
- Coordinate and conduct high school visits and other opportunities to meet prospective students.
- Schedule travel arrangements.
- Perform computer functions to extract data from Banner and Radius.
- Conduct campus tours for individuals or groups and meet with campus visitors.
- Assist new students through application and admission processes.
- Represent Northern at campus and community events.
- Attend college fairs.
- Initiate and maintain contact with all prospective students by phone and email.
- Develop relationships with students, high school counselors, teachers and industry partners.
- Travel extensively from August until May. Most travel is by car, some air travel may be required.
- Help with any other areas of MSU-Northern’s recruiting plan not specifically mentioned above.
Secondary duties assigned to this position:
- Use Banner for data processing.
- Use Radius for Student Contact Management
- Work with other departments on campus to keep current about information presented to prospective students.
- Committee assignments.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge or experience using Banner
- Knowledge or experience using Hobsons Radius or similar CRM
- Experience working with students in admissions, recruiting, residence life, student senate, orientation, or other campus and student organizations
- Experience planning and coordinating projects
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in making presentations to large groups
- Sales experience