Research Technician II
A full-time lab position testing the therapeutic benefit of cannabinoid derivatives (CBD) in murine models of asthma and COPD. The technician will work with mice, common fungi, and a variety of laboratory chemicals and equipment to determine the effectiveness of new therapeutics for airway disease. The individual will keep appropriate laboratory records in a notebook, order supplies, stock and otherwise maintain laboratory supplies, perform mouse husbandry, and otherwise maintain an orderly and safe laboratory environment. The individual will communicate regularly with the laboratory director and other laboratory scientists on their progress.
- Perform mouse husbandry including breeding, weaning, euthanasia as needed to maintain multiple mouse strains.
- Conduct regular PCR genotyping of offspring from the lab production colony.
- Prepare and maintain lab stocks, reagents, and cultures as needed.
- Manage and treat mice for designed experiments.
- Harvest and process tissue from experimental animals for histology or immunostaining.
- Routine biochemical and cell biological assays (e.g. Elisa/flow cytometry/aerosol work/tissue culture).
- Document result of experiments; collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Maintain an organized lab notebook (physical and/or electronic).
- Assist with lab ordering and maintaining an up-to-date lab inventory.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience working with mice.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston