Senior Accountant & Treasury Analyst
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of professional experience in accounting, finance or treasury operations
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience using financial and reporting systems to provide thorough and accurate financial information and analysis
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to evaluate and document business processes and internal controls and identify areas of potential improvement
- Professional experience in higher education /non-profit or public auditing strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Treasury Professional qualification a plus
- Workday Financials experience is a plus
Suffolk University is looking for a qualified individual for a newly created position as the Senior Accountant & Treasury Analyst. This unique position combines traditional accounting responsibilities with a comprehensive role in cash management and the administration of a $300 million investment and debt portfolios. You will be the go-to person for all reporting, compliance and analysis in those areas. Reporting to the Controller, you will assist with annual audit and tax preparations including treasury related footnotes, perform account reconciliations, and other accounting duties as assigned. This position is a key role for a detailed and deadline conscious individual within the collaborative environment of the Finance and Administration Division.
Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston