College Store Assistant Director
Title: College Store Assistant Director
The Assistant Director plans, organizes, and directs the operations and activities of the College Store including, but not limited to the following functions: supervising, purchasing, merchandising, cashiering, receiving/distribution, personnel management, information systems, financial management, public relations, and service-related areas under the supervision of the College Store Director. This hands-on position provides direct support for an increasingly diverse Bates College community utilizing excellent customer service skills.
• Assists the Director with the annual budget preparation for the College Store including: sales forecasts, net revenues, cost of goods, and operating expenses. Responsible for establishing and maintaining financial controls to meet annual and long-range goals.
• Responsible for the recruitment, selection, hiring, training, and scheduling of the Student Workers and On-Call staff.
• Oversees and reviews the work of assigned personnel.
• Cross trains and remains proficient in all key staff positions in the College Store.
• Oversees the sales floor restocking, merchandising, and department moves in collaboration with the Director.
• Manages the purchases and merchandise for assigned departments.
• Maintains knowledge of industry standards and innovations regarding books, merchandise, public relations, store operations, and information systems.
• Coordinates marketing and promotional plan in collaboration with the Director.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all aspects of the College Store online catalog through Shopify e-commerce web platform to include; fulfillment, customer communication, product management, online merchandising, refunds/exchanges, and inventory control.
• Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in retailing, business administration, marketing, or a closely related field; or equivalent. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Extensive experience directly related to the position duties, well documented in the application packet, may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
A minimum of four years of progressively responsible administrative and supervisory experience in retail management, purchasing, inventory control, or accounting. Experience in managing retail and the staff. Experience with running an operation within a budget.
Skills and Knowledge
Impeccable organizational skills (time, task, project, staff management) while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. Time Management; ability to independently set and successfully manage workflow including fulfilling fast turnaround times and meeting deadlines. Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation). Customer Service Skills – Ability to provide service that consistently meets or exceeds the needs of internal and external customers. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships. Must be flexible, and collaborative. Ability to work collaboratively while giving directions, and leading by example. Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision. Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and other non-traditional schedules. Basic proficiency or shows aptitude to learn Booklog, Timber, Shopify, Banner, Adobe Sign, and G Workspace. Personal commitment to excellence and the mission of a top-tier small liberal arts college. Demonstrated commitment to practices in equity, inclusion, access, and anti-racism and to serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
Bates College offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, sick leave, 24 days of vacation, 2 personal days, 12 paid holidays, dependent care subsidy, free parking, access to library and athletic facilities & more), and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Bates College is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and providing an educational and work environment free from discrimination. The college prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses in the recruitment and admission of its students, in the administration of its education policies and programs, or in the recruitment of its faculty and staff. Bates College adheres to all applicable state and federal equal opportunity laws and regulations. All college faculty, staff, students, contractors, visitors, and volunteers are responsible for understanding and complying with the Non-Discrimination Policy.
Inquiries concerning the college’s policies, compliance with applicable laws, statutes, and regulations (such as Title VII, Title IX, and ADA/Section 504), and complaints may be directed to Gwen Lexow, Title IX Officer, 207-786-6445 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bates is internationally recognized as a leading liberal arts college, attracting 2,000 students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Since 1855, Bates has been dedicated to educating the whole person through creative and rigorous scholarship in a collaborative residential community. Committed to opportunity and excellence, Bates has always admitted students without regard to gender, race, religion, or national origin.
Cultivating intellectual discovery and informed civic action, Bates prepares leaders sustained by a love of learning and zeal for responsible stewardship of the wider world. Bates engages the forces — intellectual trends, demographic changes, and technology — that are transforming higher education and the world into which our students graduate.
Bates has highly competitive admissions, graduates over 90 percent of its entering students, and more than half of its alumni earn graduate degrees. Bates employs 200 faculty members and 550 staff.
The college is proud of deep roots in the Lewiston/Auburn community, Maine’s second-largest urban area with a population of approximately 65,000. Bates is located on a beautiful, 133-acre, traditional New England campus in Lewiston, an emerging city with an entrepreneurial climate, a lively arts scene, and a dynamic business community. Bates is 35 miles north of Portland, 140 miles north of Boston, and 350 miles north of New York City.
Advertised: Apr 18 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lewiston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lewiston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Lewiston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lewiston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lewiston