Assistant Registrar for CU-SIS Dev
The CU-SIS Development unit within the Office of the Registrar exists to provide student information system development support and management of batch processing for our PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system related to records and registration. This includes testing of Campus Solutions PUMs and upgrades, working with campus units and developers on functional requirements and changes to modifications or existing functionality, documenting system functionality, clean-up of student data, assisting users (both within the registrar’s office as well as users in academic depts., deans’ offices, and other student services offices) with functionality/questions as well as troubleshooting system issues when reported.
The areas of development work may include student self-service (registration, class search, ordering transcripts, etc.), portal for both instructors and students, faculty center (class rosters, grade rosters, etc.), advisee center, specialized services for unique groups of registrants (concurrent, reciprocal exchange, withdrawals, late registrants, BLD3 campus programs, etc.), residency classification and petition processes, graduation processing, Campus Solutions 3Cs, Grade processing (grade replacement, grade change workflow, grade roster creation, etc.), and transcripts.
The unit also provides batch processing related to records and registration, including matriculation, setting of enrollment appointments, assigning and releasing holds, student coding required each term (academic standing, student groups, dean’s list, Campus Solutions 3Cs, etc.).
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of the Registrar, in support of the educational mission of the University of Colorado Boulder, ensures the integrity and security of academic records and provides enrollment and academic support through innovative systems and superior service to students and other stakeholders.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Management and Leadership
- Provide management of the Boulder Campus Registrar’s requirements for the maintenance and development of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system.
- Contribute to the achievement of the University’s enrollment management goals by planning priorities in collaboration with the Associate Registrar, implementing modifications, and managing an array of student and administrative records and services and processes in Campus Solutions including student registration, grading, student coding, etc.
- Perform as the functional expert for all student records-related processes involved in registrar systems.
- Have detailed knowledge of system requirements in order to troubleshoot and maintain documentation.
- Participate in short and long-range planning with Associate Registrar for current and future registrar Campus Solution needs.
- Work on enhancements to Campus Solutions, defining requirements, testing, and development.
- Coordinate PUMs and PeopleTools testing for student records.
- Serve as a member of the Boulder campus Student Records team and Student Records Module Team.
- Coordinate and manage workload for 3 FTE positions (3 Coordinator level positions), including the development of procedures and documentation of processes.
- Act as one of the backups for granting security to student records for campus users.
- Other related duties.
- Perform all work responsibilities and maintains confidentiality in all applicable policies, rules, regulations, and law, including Registrar department policies, University policies, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- A member of the registrar’s office management team and responsible for providing leadership and management within the Office of the Registrar.
What We Can Offer
The salary pay range is $68,000-$76,500.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Dynamic. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3 years of experience w/increasing responsibilities in a university setting within the registrar’s office or student services office.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 2 years of experience working with student information systems/relational databases/ERP systems.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office products and various query tools.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently.
- Evidence of skills and initiation in teamwork and customer service.
- Experience in developing and administering complex business processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions experience, including PS Query and 3Cs.
- Project management experience.
- Master's degree, preferably in Higher Education Administration, Business, or Information Systems/Technology.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 2, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder