9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Supervisor Circulation .
Coordinate and manage the circulation operations and services of the campus library. Create and implement districtwide circulation policies and resolve district wide circulation issues. Hire, train, schedule, evaluate, supervise, and manage time reporting for circulation assistants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, evaluate, and document performance of circulation staff.
- Resolve issues and problems that arise for circulation staff including matters concerning personnel interactions, individual performance, customer services, and work flow.
- Work with Executive Director, Library and Human Resources to assure the fair and consistent administration of personnel policies.
- Train and develop the expertise of circulation staff regarding the integrated computer system and database maintenance, cataloging and handling of the reserve materials, maintenance of the collections of books, videos, DVDs, audios, CDs, software, records, reference materials while monitoring shelf-reading and inventory control of all collections.
- Develop and assign long-term schedules and short-term scheduling of all circulation staff in order to ensure accomplishment of ongoing and long-term projects and to provide quality public service.
- Develop, implement, and supervise a training system that ensures all circulation personnel are fully and quickly familiarized with any policy or procedural changes.
- Communicate with circulation personnel at other library locations to harmonize procedures districtwide.
- Provide accurate circulation data to College Business Office and Library Executive Directors.
- Supervise the timely transfer of materials between the District libraries.
- Assess and change transfer of material procedures and policies on site, coordinating/negotiating with physical plan services and other library locations as needed.
- Assure accurate circulation statistics and report them in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of public service by training and supervising staff to interact and work cooperatively with members of the community and the college by ensuring accurate information and appropriate assistance is provided.
- Supervise the function and maintenance of the library databases by monitoring policies related to reviewing shelf clearance reports and system-wide reports including the system-wide and site-specific policies related to print and non-print materials used by the integrated circulation computer system and microcomputer alternative system for online circulation.
- Design and implement the accounting policies and record-keeping methods in consultation with the Business Office and Directors while supervising and monitoring all personnel regarding daytime/night/weekend collection of funds from delinquent patrons, the sale of TRAC cards, and other money-handling services of the library.
- Supervise deposits.
- Design and monitor system of handling reserve materials in consultation with teaching faculty and Executive Director; establish and implement procedures for on-site reserve cataloging, record-keeping, and retrieving.
- Design, monitor, and continually improve work flow of circulation area; ensure work area is presentable at all times.
- Determine and recommend budget requirements, district-wide system improvements, equipment requirements and office supply inventory for the maintenance of the supervised area to the appropriate personnel, directors and task force.
- Provide financial data to College auditor upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required. Two (2) years of supervisory experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Collin College policies in general and the library in specific
- Knowledge of library operations and Windows based software
- Knowledge of and work within college library routines, copyright law, and fair use
- Knowledge of Collin College operations and policies
- Knowledge of Library of Congress classification system
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management, work organization, and supervision
- Knowledge of Collin College policies for hiring/employment/evaluation for all staff including full-time, part-time, and student assistants Knowledge and ability to use online hiring/evaluation/time management software
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Data input skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically and make sound administrative decisions
- Ability to address multiple demands and be able to focus on tasks that may be complex, routine, or repetitive
- Ability to use software to create reports, track, and analyze data
- Ability to create training material and train staff
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and supervise activities and personnel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to identify, analyze, and address problems
- Ability to operate library computer, printers, scanners, and various other library equipment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $38,550.00 - 44,332.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney