Event Services Technical Coordinator / Supervisor
Working in the Event Services & Risk Management Department, under the Event Services Venue & Production Manager, this position coordinates the technical production work of campus events and supervises associated lighting, audio, multimedia, and stage personnel. This position ensures quality event set-up, operation, take-down, etc. of technical and specialized event equipment.
- Coordinate or assist in the technical production of campus events and supervises employees for a fair, consistent, effective, efficient, and professional quality product; confirms work efficiency, productivity, assigns tasks, and guides employees.
- Safely assist in the technical supervision and specialized set-up, operation, troubleshooting, and takedown of audio, visual, multimedia, rigging, fly rail systems, sound shells, staging, chairs, etc. and all supplemental equipment of event requirements; may assist in some creative design and will follow scheduling guidelines for events
- Responsible for following and staying within the estimated budget and contractual agreements of an event, facilitates conservative budgeting and follows purchasing guidelines; assures consistent and accurate billing by reconciling client expenses after an event.
- Arrange the crew calendar and advances (upcoming two weeks) labor assignments; work with the Venue & Production Manager and Accountant to reconcile all time clock punches and assign hours to events within 10 business days.
- Interpret and follow professional technical riders and design specifications.
- Provide in-house and/or stage management for campus events; ensure patron and client satisfaction.
- Work with the Venue & Production Manager in scheduling and attending weekly staff meetings, client production meetings as assigned, then follow-up with training and consulting with team on projects and event scheduling.
- Communicate effectively with Central Scheduling, the client, production crews, and other event service staff in establishing an organized and productive event and production management plan.
- Assist with stewardship of university equipment, facilities, and act as a venue liaison; account for the usage of university and division equipment, including performing repairs and preventative maintenance on house and production equipment.
- Collaborate with Venue & Production Manager to meet division needs and act in that position in their absence; may fill in for subordinate positions when needed. Follow appropriate chain of command, staying within the authority and scope of practice, and keep department sensitive information confidential.
- Assist other Event Services & Risk Management department team members, including event planning and coordination, as needed or required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years’ related experience required. A combination of college coursework and additional equivalent experience may be considered.
- Good knowledge and skills associated with event coordination, the technical production and specialized equipment for performance and campus events.
- Ability to read schemes, diagrams, and to interpret specifications and manufacturer’s manuals; competent with electronics.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; possess strong human relation, customer service, and management skills.
- Understands the methods, procedures, tools, and equipment associated with the performance, event, and the audio-visual fields.
- Processes leadership characteristics and abilities; keeps a positive, supportive, and collaborative relationship with students, co-workers, leadership, clients, and other DSU departments.
- Ability to be flexible, work long hours in the elements, and on evenings and weekends as event schedule dictates.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $40,000 - $42,000 depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of July 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 10 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Arts Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George