Maintenance Painter/ Carpenter
Maintenance Painter/ Carpenter
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Maintenance Painter/ Carpenter
Repair and paint buildings and/or offices. Maintain equipment and supplies. Provide assistance in conference center and in other departments. Build furniture and make changes to building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces, including halls, doors, woodwork, furniture, ceilings, etc.
- Prepare surface for painting including taping, bedding and texturing of surfaces.
- Mix paint to match varied construction phases of colors for surfaces.
- Remove furnishings and cover carpeting prior to painting. Clean and restore area after painting.
- Identify needed supplies to supervisor for preparation of requisitions.
- Maintain inventory of paint, supplies and equipment.
- Repair and replace locks and door hardware.
- Provide customer service to faculty, staff, students and visitors, including door lock and unlock, delivering items to and from storage, providing safety and security during the evenings and minor assistance with automobile problems.
- Complete set-ups of conference center, atrium and mall corridors, including tables, chairs, podiums and movable wall positioning.
- Perform plumbing maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate and perform daily work requests associated with a large campus.
- Perform small renovation projects as needed.
- Perform emergency repairs in vital areas preventing class cancellations.
- Place orders for supplies with approval of supervisor.
- Build custom furniture, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience required.
In addition to minimum education required: A higher level degree than what is required for the job may be substituted for no more than one (1) year of the required work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of proper safety techniques and protocols
- Knowledge of supplies and materials used
- Knowledge of construction techniques and methods
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA safety requirements
- Construction skills
- Plumbing skills
- Electrical skills
- Framing skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to read diagrams
- Ability to maintain inventory of materials and supplies
- Ability to assist contractors
- Ability to prioritize jobs
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to respond to emergencies
- Ability to read and understand alarm panels
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations Frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Majority of work performed outside or with exposure to risk. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.