The Records Auditor supports the University Registrar’s office and performs various tasks to update, maintain, and audit student records and comply with FERPA requirements regarding the confidentiality of student information when interacting with students and parents. The work requires knowledge of program policies, procedures, and information systems to communicate and process information. This is a part-time permanent position.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Assist the other auditors and evaluators in the office as assigned.
• Compose correspondence to requests for information or assistance, and perform the necessary research to provide accurate and comprehensive responses.
• Lead the targeted announcement process.
• Cross train with other staff as directed.
• Assist with the coordination of enrollment in the 60 and over Audit Program.
• Collect necessary information to perform student record entry and maintenance.
• Purge, scan and index records for indefinite electronic storage.
• Assist staff with notifying students of potential course repeat problems.
• Support staff in fixing student enrollment report issues.
• Post prior learning scores for CLEP, Advanced Placement, Credit by Exam, Military Work and relate credit in appropriate software program.
• Provide assistance to staff with End-Of-Term grade processing and preparation for registration.
• Participate in providing office reception to visitors and administrative support to the office.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Two years’ of experience providing administrative support.
• One year of data entry experience.
Preferred: An associate degree. One year of work experience in a university Registrar’s, Admissions, Financial Aid office, or student records system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and make complex decisions following established policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to interact tactfully with customers to resolve issues. Capable of multitasking and performing varied and detailed functions effectively with attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred: Understanding of college programs and degrees. Experience using a student information system such as Banner, PeopleSoft, or Jenzabar.
Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
This is a part-time permanent position.
$13.50 per hour
Other - varies
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- * How many years of experience do you have providing
- 0-1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- * How many years of data entry experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2-3 years
- 3-4 years
- 4-5 years
- More than 5 years
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Topeka
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Topeka
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Part Time jobs in Topeka