Senior Clinical Research Coordinator
University Code 34114 University Title Senior Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Senior Clinical Research Coordinator Position Number 591350 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Neurology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position would work within the Translational Research Program in Muscular Dystrophy. In this role the individual would be required to provide project management expertise across multicenter consortium studies. For all clinical research studies assigned, the Sr. Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for coordinating clinical research studies in a compliant and efficient manner. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), collaborate with all members of the clinical research team to ensure all federal, state, university, and protocol requirements are followed, institutional research objectives are met, and that ethical obligations are kept. Key responsibilities include:
• Demonstrated understanding of clinical research management duties from study initiation to close-out.
• Conduct clinical research activities as authorized by the Principal Investigator’s documented Delegation of Authority and Training Logs.
• Maintain current CITI credentials for Human Subjects Protections, Good Clinical Practice ( GCP ), Clinical Research Coordinator, plus additional sponsor GCP certifications as required.
• Understand and adhere to all IRB requirements, Human Subjects protection regulations, and all aspects of IRB approved protocols.
• Conduct all assigned activities in compliance with national, local, & institutional guidelines, according to all HIPAA, GCP, and other applicable requirements. Activities include coordinating: new study activation requirements, screening/enrolling participants, regulatory and compliance requirements, maintaining appropriate study documentation/records, and managing study data.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related 5+ years of clinical research experience; Clinical Research Coordinator certification required ( CCRC, CCRP, and CCRA ). Must be able to complete mandatory competencies and certifications required by VCU, individual clinical trials, as well as the NIH Human Subject Protection training required by federal regulations for research. Communication skills, written and spoken are essential. Prior study management experience as well as experience administering validated survey instruments. Ability to work in a diverse environment is required
Preferred Hiring Standards
Master’s Degree preferred, experience in human subjects research with participants with neurological disorders. RN, NP or LPN eligible for license in VA preferred or demonstrated clinical background preferred. Phlebotomy skills. Familiarity with REDCap database and video editing software.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
RN, LPN, CNA, or CMA with active license
Anticipated Hiring Range $60,00 - $80,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/16/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105203 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application